Tinder is full of fake profiles...by Tinder.

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 3:04 pm

In this thread, I am gonna prove to you that Tinder, is being injected by fake profiles - and the only beneficiary from doing so, is Tinder themselves : Think about it, the number of likes allowed per 24 h is limited, so it makes sense to lure males to spend their likes quickly with fake profiles with little to no match - that would push males to do the most desperate thing can be done in online dating (which is paying for an online service).

Here, I live in Beirut, yet Tinder keeps pulling me profiles of obviously blonde American/Uk women and few Europeans and most look like models who are "3 miles" away from - and I don't even live in a touristic part!

I saw all these today, in 5 minutes, in a row.

CURRENTLY based in London, really? and yet 2 miles away?

Note: The name Ashley doesn't exist among locals, this is purely an English name with no local equivalent, and she looks obviously not from here.

This trick above may work on Americans/UK users since virtually all these fake photos claims to be from there; but in my case it was very obvious to me the amount of fraud they're attempting to do.

A more evidence of their falseness:

What's noticeable in their profiles, that no one mentions that they're currently living/working/visiting here in Lebanon - I mean if you are a foreigner doing dating in a country, wouldn't you mention in your profile? I date foreigners before and they always mention why they're here in their profiles, it's logical!

My observation is Exactly like this guy's observation

Remember folks, no mega multinational technology company, especially those specialized in internet-related services and social media, ever proved to be ethical, Facebook, Google, Cambridge Analytica, Ashley Madison(well it's for cheating, ha! but they weren't even ethical with their male customers, 99% of their female users were proven to be fake), ....they all had their big scandals; business ethics don't exist in the real world.

So don't be fool to think that Dating sites don't create these fake profiles themselves, and don't pay for Tinder!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 3:18 pm

Bzzzz!

It’s rather unrealistic that those women wouldn’t have better things to do with their time than wasting it on Tinder. I wonder how they got their pics, though. You might even get in trouble yourself for posting them.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 3:24 pm

Spiderpig wrote:

Bzzzz!

It’s rather unrealistic that those women wouldn’t have better things to do with their time than wasting it on Tinder. I wonder how they got their pics, though. You might even get in trouble yourself for posting them.

lol they can kiss my ass for that - there's nothing illegal in what I did , Tinder is way more public and populated than our tiny WP anyway, so yeah, it's ridiculous.

These are probably models who are dealing with Tinder! Many of them actually have "connect to their Instagram" under their tinder bio , and you know, models make money if they get a lot of followers on Instagram (so they may be considered 'fake' in the sense they're not really using Tinder for dating/friendship/social purpose, they probably never check their tinder).

So it's most certainly a Tinder/Instagram/Models deal: Tinder gets more usage from Males' desperate likes = more $, Instagram gets more usage = more $, and Models get more followers = $.

It's quite clever.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 3:09 am

FAKE NEWS! :lol:

Interesting observation.. and far too many of them for it to likely be a geotagging glitch of some sort that has profiles showing up in the wrong location. That happens once in a while on grindr and all of the sudden I'll be chatting with someone who's 2700km away due to some sort of server routing issue - but that's like once every 4-6 months maybe, not 5 in a matter of minutes. The fakes on grindr become very obvious that they're bots within a couple messages as they have canned responses asking you to sign up on some BS site lol I'm a gay guy in pretty good shape I don't have to pay for sex.

I bet your 100% spot on correct in all of this and that people in the US/UK don't really notice because the models at least look like they could be from there and actually exist. Plus people don't want to believe that something is too good to be true, so they stick around the app in hopes they might get a match and date with someone that's a 8/9/10 for them. Thankfully gay guys are much more real and legit, even if very aesthetically superficial - but hey, in our case it's about sexual attraction and that's about it since most are into hookups and few are into dating. (Although that's shifting with societal views.. now that gay relationships are becoming ever more normalized, more and more are into dating - especially younger ones.)

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 6:43 am

Lots of dating sites have been found out creating fake profiles to make it seem like there is lots ow women hanging around. In reality there can be such a discrepancy as 10:1 with the men:woman ratio.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 11:26 am

goldfish21 wrote:
FAKE NEWS! :lol:

Interesting observation.. and far too many of them for it to likely be a geotagging glitch of some sort that has profiles showing up in the wrong location. That happens once in a while on grindr and all of the sudden I'll be chatting with someone who's 2700km away due to some sort of server routing issue - but that's like once every 4-6 months maybe, not 5 in a matter of minutes. The fakes on grindr become very obvious that they're bots within a couple messages as they have canned responses asking you to sign up on some BS site lol I'm a gay guy in pretty good shape I don't have to pay for sex.

I bet your 100% spot on correct in all of this and that people in the US/UK don't really notice because the models at least look like they could be from there and actually exist. Plus people don't want to believe that something is too good to be true, so they stick around the app in hopes they might get a match and date with someone that's a 8/9/10 for them. Thankfully gay guys are much more real and legit, even if very aesthetically superficial - but hey, in our case it's about sexual attraction and that's about it since most are into hookups and few are into dating. (Although that's shifting with societal views.. now that gay relationships are becoming ever more normalized, more and more are into dating - especially younger ones.)

No, I don't think it's a geo glitch, these women are obviously fake and it's happening a lot.

Ichinin wrote:
Lots of dating sites have been found out creating fake profiles to make it seem like there is lots ow women hanging around. In reality there can be such a discrepancy as 10:1 with the men:woman ratio.

Exactly..... 10:1 is an optimist estimation, from what I estimated out of active users, it's more likely around 30:1, no kidding.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 11:31 am

This one looks legit :lol: Owner and "entrepreneur" yet has the time for posing snowy sunbathing.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 11:59 am

sophie looks like a very complex individual.

why do some girls pull their hair all the way to one side of their head like that? nothing will surpass middle parting with bangs, i'm sorry.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 12:01 pm

I didn't notice the world was so full of single beauties. :?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 1:04 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
I didn't notice the world was so full of single beauties. :?

And all are "3 miles" away from me :lol:.

asp159
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Mar 2018, 1:33 pm

Sounds about right. So sick of this bull

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2018, 12:37 pm

Yap, and that is not a problem only with Tinder, also all other popular apps having same problems.

For me, much better solution are sex sites : they are less popular, smaller members base, but also much less dead or fake profiles.

I had 7-8 apps like Tinder, Bumble, Swipe, etc, can't even remember all of them, but a long time ago stopped to use them and switched as I said to other hookup sites, simply works much better for me. Just my 2 cents.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 4:29 am

exy34 wrote:
Yap, and that is not a problem only with Tinder, also all other popular apps having same problems.

For me, much better solution are sex sites : they are less popular, smaller members base, but also much less dead or fake profiles.

I had 7-8 apps like Tinder, Bumble, Swipe, etc, can't even remember all of them, but a long time ago stopped to use them and switched as I said to other hookup sites, simply works much better for me. Just my 2 cents.

Are you sure of that? Something is telling me that these sex apps are worse and 99% sausage fests, while the remaining 1% are female bots.

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2019, 1:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
exy34 wrote:

Are you sure of that? Something is telling me that these sex apps are worse and 99% sausage fests, while the remaining 1% are female bots.

I pretty sure because I follow them for 5 years, and I have pretty much luck when it comes to online hookups or even dating.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 2:13 pm

The service needn't even be free to turn people into products.

I'm really sad to see good friends caught up in this reprehensible gray market economy.

There's nothing to be gained by distorting our expectations just because people seem to be a 'swipe' away.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 2:37 pm

I've noticed this, too. It'd be interesting to know if Tinder does this with the permission of the women in question, some of whom are obviously models by trade.