does you think Asperger individual could hold pilot license?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 6:00 am

I have Asperger i'm live in Poland as kid i always dreamed to be pilot in our Polish Air Force and be pilot of our Mig-29 or General Dynamic F-16 that our ministry of defense once bought or at least be airline Pilot in "LOT" it our Polish National Air Carrier.

Recently i started to watch American TV series the good doctor, about autistic doctor Shaun Murphy and his struggles with acceptance in his profession, it based on Korean tv series that i also plan to watch.

So i once read about NASA engineer that had Asperger and is both programmer and research test Pilot at NASA, btw both Wright Brothers was probably aspie too :-)

So i dream what would be if i was airline pilot at "Lot" take-off from Warsaw Okęcie - (EPWA) into direct flight into New York, USA John F. Kennedy International Airport (KJFK) or Rio de Janeiro–Galeão International Airport,Rio de Janeiro (SBGL), Brazil.

And after take off annonce following message, good morning my dear passengers, i want you to share with you that beautiful day we flying to America/Brazil we also celebrate today Autism Awareness Day, and i have wonderful information too you you captain is autistic too :D i'f you had something against that, well screw you because i gave **** on every one of you too I hope that i did not crash due bad weather because i'm so scared thunderstorms( that would be lie because i love rain and thunderstorms :-) ) that plane, have nice day my dear passengers :D

Have nice day my dear passengers :mrgreen:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 023AA2r8PD

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 3:18 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
I have Asperger i'm live in Poland as kid i always dreamed to be pilot in our Polish Air Force and be pilot of our Mig-29 or General Dynamic F-16 that our ministry of defense once bought or at least be airline Pilot in "LOT" it our Polish National Air Carrier.

Recently i started to watch American TV series the good doctor, about autistic doctor Shaun Murphy and his struggles with acceptance in his profession, it based on Korean tv series that i also plan to watch.

So i once read about NASA engineer that had Asperger and is both programmer and research test Pilot at NASA, btw both Wright Brothers was probably aspie too :-)

So i dream what would be if i was airline pilot at "Lot" take-off from Warsaw Okęcie - (EPWA) into direct flight into New York, USA John F. Kennedy International Airport (KJFK) or Rio de Janeiro–Galeão International Airport,Rio de Janeiro (SBGL), Brazil.

And after take off annonce following message, good morning my dear passengers, i want you to share with you that beautiful day we flying to America/Brazil we also celebrate today Autism Awareness Day, and i have wonderful information too you you captain is autistic too :D i'f you had something against that, well screw you because i gave **** on every one of you too I hope that i did not crash due bad weather because i'm so scared thunderstorms( that would be lie because i love rain and thunderstorms :-) ) that plane, have nice day my dear passengers :D

People on the spectrum are not prohibited from obtaining a pilot's license in the U.S. I do believe the U.S. military prohibit people on the spectrum from joining the military but most pilots in the U.S. do not become pilots through the military. They take personal flying lessons or attend a flight school depending on what kind of air craft they want to fly.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 6:10 pm

Chronos wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

People on the spectrum are not prohibited from obtaining a pilot's license in the U.S. I do believe the U.S. military prohibit people on the spectrum from joining the military but most pilots in the U.S. do not become pilots through the military. They take personal flying lessons or attend a flight school depending on what kind of air craft they want to fly.

So there no autistic in American army asking just out of curiosity?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 6:26 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

So there no autistic in American army asking just out of curiosity?

There may be. Not everyone on the spectrum hasca diagnosis.

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 4:33 am

Dzień dobry, Pawel.

I know about two autistic pilots -
1) Gary Numan, who is an autistic singer and a pilot.
Here, he talks about his autism:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -aspergers
Here, he talks about being a pilot:
http://thequietus.com/articles/03240-ga ... g-machines
2) Someone who posts on an autistic group on Facebook. (if you are on Facebook, I can introduce you to her so you could chat about her experiences as an autistic pilot).

Wierzę, że dasz radę.
Pozdrawiam,
KenG

http://www.autscape.org/

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2018, 1:55 am

In the US people on the autism spectrum are not allowed in the military. Other than that though I don't see any reason why you can't get a pilot license if you want to. I used to drive an 18 wheeler (big rig, lorry) across the country all by myself.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 2:44 pm

KenG wrote:
Dzień dobry, Pawel.

I know about two autistic pilots -
1) Gary Numan, who is an autistic singer and a pilot.
Here, he talks about his autism:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -aspergers
Here, he talks about being a pilot:
http://thequietus.com/articles/03240-ga ... g-machines
2) Someone who posts on an autistic group on Facebook. (if you are on Facebook, I can introduce you to her so you could chat about her experiences as an autistic pilot).

Wierzę, że dasz radę.
Pozdrawiam,
KenG

Dzięki

For now i get invitation for job as Cabin Crew in Rayanair airlines? i applied but never believed in it, for now i only worked in fast food restaurant, not know how prepare for interview or even how to dress for it :(