Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

serpenEncipheror
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Apr 2018, 8:27 pm

It always takes me longer time to do things that I don't like.
And I'm really bad at switching my focus, which causes trouble on my schedules too. I can't just switch from doing Physics homework to reciting history events.

I'm pretty sure about being neurotypical though, since my neurodiverse traits never caused me any trouble and I get along well with other neurotypical people.

Maybe this means I can get along well with neurodiverse people, too? I never get a chance to prove this because in China schools don't enroll students with ASD and therefore I have no neurodiverse people around me.

So I am here!

serpenEncipheror
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Apr 2018, 8:29 pm

By the way, like what is described in my profile, I am neurotypical.

My talents work in the neurodiverese way yet my perception is very neurotypical.
To be specific, I get very absorbed in my talents and hobbies, and when I get into something really interesting I will ignore everything else. Yet I hate schedules because I always fail to follow it. And the reason why I can never follow my schedule is because I always abandon my duties and turn to my talents and hobbies.
In a word, my neurodiverse talent traits are causing my neurotypical perception traits. At least this is what the aspie quiz is telling me.

I wonder whether things like this happen in your life? Do you break your own schedules when you are too absorbed with your hobbies?

I'm pretty sure about being neurotypical though, since my neurodiverse traits never caused me any trouble and I get along well with other neurotypical people.

Maybe this means I can get along well with neurodiverse people, too? I never get a chance to prove this because in China schools don't enroll students with ASD and therefore I have no neurodiverse people around me.

So I am here!

Andrew Rodgers
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 May 2018, 8:12 am

I also need more time to do all the stuff and assignments. And I'm slower than my classmates.

I talked with my teachers and they treated me with understanding. So maybe you procrastinate not because you want to do nothing, but because you are afraid to face that you need more time for the things, which others make quicker? I mean the fear of failure.

But just be yourself and do your best! It's your life and your rhythm!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 3:19 pm

Sometimes I procrastinate some things

Sometimes I do them too early. Like eating.

When I was in school sometimes I attempted to do the homework before the instructor covered the material

Not too early, not too late

AnonymousAndAnnoying
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jun 2018, 4:03 pm

I am cyberschooled and planning to transfer to a school for autistic adolescents come next school year.
I have been given extensions on two of my classes: My short stories class ends on the 19th and my Math class ends on July 9th. See, I only have three days left to complete my assessments for my Short Stories class, and I continue goofing off by surfing the web or watching TV, because I am unable to do anything else with my time, as I do not attend a regular school or go to hang-out places cos I'm a social recluse.
And I know it's 4:00 and I still have time to do work but I like starting homework in the morning. I just DO NOT start in the afternoon. I will refuse to do so at around 2:30 or 3:00 at the earliest.
So I feel ya, dude. I may as well get caught up on the rest of my assignments at this point just to make my mother happy and shut her up.