Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 3:18 pm

Sometimes I do a 'stalkish peek' tour on facebook on all my adult-phase ex-crushes by checking their profiles/pics (spare me the speech, we all do it) - women who are 28+ or so, most are around 35.

Now, the strange thing about this - even though some of them are very attractive and well....*cough* out of my league , none of them are in relationship or marriage yet, not even any sign of former formal relationship. Now I know many people don't announce relationship on fb, but if it's a formal thing like marriage or engagement women often put a lot of photos on the events + couple photos- and they're not very young anymore.

Did I curse them or something? What's going on? :chin:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Apr 2018, 4:07 pm

:evil: The Curse of Boo :evil:
Would make a nice metal album title.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Apr 2018, 6:59 pm

Maybe they're extremely overly picky & your one of the few guys they actually gave half a chance to by dating for a bit.
It's also possible that they have major issues that prevent them from having relationships but I think you would know if that was the case.
I thought about looking both my exes up on social media more than a few times but I don't use any social media & am not even sure how to spell their names due to my dyslexia. The main reason I want to look em up is because they both had issues & we didn't breakup or quit being friends after on good terms. I still worry about them & hope they're OK. I still love them in the sense of caring about them a hell of a lot but I do not want to be in a realtionship with them again. I moved on & we're both much better off not in each others lives.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 5:33 am

magz wrote:
:evil: The Curse of Boo :evil:
Would make a nice metal album title.

Yeah, and they are not few, 13 girls in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 5:37 am

nick007 wrote:
Maybe they're extremely overly picky & your one of the few guys they actually gave half a chance to by dating for a bit.
It's also possible that they have major issues that prevent them from having relationships but I think you would know if that was the case.
I thought about looking both my exes up on social media more than a few times but I don't use any social media & am not even sure how to spell their names due to my dyslexia. The main reason I want to look em up is because they both had issues & we didn't breakup or quit being friends after on good terms. I still worry about them & hope they're OK. I still love them in the sense of caring about them a hell of a lot but I do not want to be in a realtionship with them again. I moved on & we're both much better off not in each others lives.

Well, i have a different theory, there seem some people in general when they get past a certain age, they become way more hesitant for commitments - I dunno why. So they get more likely to remain single.

They were single when I first liked them because I always select single girls (I never even mentally select in-relationship girls) in the first place, but it's their chronic single status that i find intriguing.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 5:38 am

I imagine they're promiscuously single and not interested in relationships.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 5:44 am

Sabreclaw wrote:

Or maybe they're all lesbians. 8O

That may explain the girls-hugging pics...

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 5:50 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Eh, girls seem to like hugs. Even I've been on the receiving end of a few.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 5:55 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Now imagine if guys were posing like this.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 6:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Now imagine if guys were posing like this.

Well I did just say girls seem to like hugs, lol.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 7:02 am

How would they leave signs of a former relationship? I didn’t think women generally held onto exes photos on social media (though some men do, which kind of grosses me out).

I think like tends to attract like, so maybe the women you fancied struggled somehow too.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 7:15 am

smudge wrote:
How would they leave signs of a former relationship? I didn’t think women generally held onto exes photos on social media (though some men do, which kind of grosses me out).

Do they delete all old photos with exes? I think most men are too lazy to delete old photos tho.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 7:21 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
smudge wrote:

Do they delete all old photos with exes? I think most men are too lazy to delete old photos tho.

With the women I know, yeh. They’re concious of their current partner’s feelings that it’s weird, even mildly creepy (I don’t use that word lightly) to hold onto exes photos on FaceBook. When the womens’ current partners hold onto their ex-girlfriends’ photos, it always bothers the women. I’ve also noticed women are far more likely to have photos of themselves and their partners in their main profile or background photos, and men tend to just have photos of themselves or with their mates.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 7:29 am

smudge wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
smudge wrote:

With the women I know, yeh. They’re concious of their current partner’s feelings that it’s weird, even mildly creepy (I don’t use that word lightly) to hold onto exes photos on FaceBook. When the womens’ current partners hold onto their ex-girlfriends’ photos, it always bothers the women. I’ve also noticed women are far more likely to have photos of themselves and their partners in their main profile or background photos, and men tend to just have photos of themselves or with their mates.

Yeah, but these girls are on my feed, so if they ever posted a couple pic then I would have noticed it for sure. :jester:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 7:43 am

Huh, if you’ve had them on there for a few years then yeh, it’s a mystery.