Kansas Trio Convicted in Plot to Bomb Somali Immigrants

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2018, 5:45 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/us/kansas-militia-somali-trial-verdict.html

Quote:
federal jury on Wednesday convicted three men of plotting to bomb an apartment complex where Somali immigrants lived and worshiped in Garden City, Kan., giving prosecutors a victory at a time when threats against religious and racial minorities are rising nationally.

“These defendants conspired to build a bomb, blow up a building and murder every single man, woman and child inside,” Tony Mattivi, a federal prosecutor, told jurors during closing statements.

The men, Curtis Allen, Gavin Wright and Patrick Stein, all of whom are white, appeared stoic as the verdicts were read. They face up to life in prison when they are sentenced in June.

The jury of six men and six women deliberated for about seven hours over two days.

Defense lawyers tried to convince jurors that their clients were manipulated by the F.B.I., and had been unfairly targeted for exercising their rights to own guns and speak freely.

“They wanted to send a message to the people living there that they’re not welcome in Garden City, they’re not welcome in southwest Kansas, they’re not welcome in the United States,” Mr. Mattivi said.

The men, who called themselves “the Crusaders,” were arrested about four weeks before Election Day and charged with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction and conspiracy against rights, which the Justice Department considers a hate crime. Mr. Wright was also charged with lying to the F.B.I. The three men were found guilty on all counts against them.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2018, 8:43 pm

Why do people still glorify the Crusaders?

America is supposed to be a secular state.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 1:27 pm

Weird.

3 grown men do this