Page 10 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 12:42 am

About a 10 minute outage at about 1:30AM NY time

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 8:01 pm

About 20 minutes down

Error 520 Ray ID: 45f946750931a41d • 2018-09-25 00:12:12 UTC (my local time is New Zealand)

AQ 40
ASD-1

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 10:09 pm

The site was turning into a pumpkin for me every night around 12:00 AM for a while. I haven't noticed it in a while though admittedly I haven't been on much at midnight lately either.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 2:01 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
The site was turning into a pumpkin for me every night around 12:00 AM for a while. I haven't noticed it in a while though admittedly I haven't been on much at midnight lately either.

It's not doing that anymore. Now there's just round the clock chronic server errors that last anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes respectively.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 10:57 am

It's a real pain in the tushey....those server errors!

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 11:15 am

I have been getting them less these days.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 11:30 am

I've been getting them at too great a rate.

When I write something well, it sometimes get shuts down by the Server Error. That screws up my train of thought, which is fragile, and gets derailed too easily.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 11:34 am

I'm sorry you are getting them so much. Hope something can be done about them.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 4:20 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

When I write something well, it sometimes get shuts down by the Server Error. That screws up my train of thought, which is fragile, and gets derailed too easily.

Now I'm getting grueling multiple captchas followed by server errors. I have to copy every post to make sure it doesn't get lost.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Sep 2018, 10:04 am

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Now I'm getting grueling multiple captchas followed by server errors. I have to copy every post to make sure it doesn't get lost.
I started doing that after I lost a big post I had typed up. I got a 502 or 524 or some other error where I previewed it. The site stayed not working for over an hour & then when it started working again, I hit back on FireFox but I couldn't reload the page. It really p!ssed me off because I spent over an hour working on it. I just ended up not posting a reply to that thread.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 1:08 pm

nick007 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I started doing that after I lost a big post I had typed up. I got a 502 or 524 or some other error where I previewed it. The site stayed not working for over an hour & then when it started working again, I hit back on FireFox but I couldn't reload the page. It really p!ssed me off because I spent over an hour working on it. I just ended up not posting a reply to that thread.

That's why a lot of people don't post here anymore.

Having to do captcha just to preview your post is beyond ridiculous.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2018, 2:48 pm

EzraS wrote:
nick007 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That's why a lot of people don't post here anymore.

Having to do captcha just to preview your post is beyond ridiculous.

Cloudflare support suggest using a browser extension called privacy pass to reduce the number of CAPTCHA pages for users that frequently encounter them.
support.cloudflare.com wrote:
Privacy Pass is a Chrome/Firefox browser extension to make browsing Cloudflare-protected websites a better experience for users. In particular, if a user IP address is designated to have a poor reputation then the user may have to solve a Cloudflare CAPTCHA page before they can gain access to such websites. Privacy Pass uses elliptic curve cryptography to generate 'anonymous' tokens after a single CAPTCHA page is solved. These tokens can be used in future engagements with Cloudflare websites to prevent having to solve more CAPTCHAs. The extension generates 30 tokens for each CAPTCHA solution and thus can be used to reduce CAPTCHA pages for each user by a similar factor.

Privacy Pass can be used by any user using Chrome or Firefox; installing the extension will not change the browsing experience for most users. Users who frequently encounter CAPTCHA pages will find it beneficial to install the extension so that the number of these encountered decreases for them. This will be particularly helpful for users of shared networks, VPNs and Tor, which tend to have poorer IP reputations given their shared nature.

Privacy pass for Chrome

Privacy pass for Firefox

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 11:33 am

523 Error outage one half hour ago

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

alex
Developer
Developer

05 Oct 2018, 11:41 am

We had an outage at the datacenter due to a power issue.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 11:45 am

Thanks for letting us know.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 11:56 am

Thanks, Alex.