New dating app coming in Facebook: Buy or sell?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2018, 4:45 pm

Earlier today, Mark Zuckerberg announced that a dating app will be launching in Facebook very soon. Bitterness about the privacy scandal aside, what does everyone else here think of it? I'm interested to see how the matching me based on Likes works out because I consider shared interests to be a big factor in determining compatibility. For what it's worth BTW, the stock of IAC, the company that owns match.com, OkCupid, POF, and Tinder, took a gigantic nosedive after the announcement 8O

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

04 May 2018, 11:09 am

As long as it's free, I think it's a good idea. A lot of people use Facebook, especially if your family members go on there. (Most of mine are.) A lot of people that I graduated with in high school go on there a lot to chat and post things. I don't see a problem with it as long as they get the privacy scandal out of the way.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 1:09 pm

There is no getting the privacy scandal 'out of the way'. When data is breached it can go anywhere & everywhere INSTANTLY.

Data breaches are intractable & other companies compensate users for such BS.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 5:34 pm

They bought tinder so I thought that was their dating site. It’s linked to your Facebook profile and gets pictures and info from Facebook.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2018, 3:51 am

^ No; fb API doesn’t mean ownership. Tinder is owned by the same company owning okc and match.

As for the FB dating, I predict that it will be utter failure: sausage fest, female bots and instagram follower seekers.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 6:39 pm

I'm honestly pretty excited for this dating feature. Can't wait for it to come out. Because I'll definitely use it. Because I don't feel like going through the hassle of downloading a dating app like Tinder on my phone and make an account. I can just do it on Facebook. As long as it's free. I'll definitely do it. Because I don't think me and my ex are going to back together. It's sad but true most likely.