Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 5:23 am

I've never really been a hay fever sufferer until this year. Ever since March I've had itchy ears, throat, lips and hands almost every day. My eyes keeps watering too, though not every day, and I do get nose problems but that's more due to my sinus problems because I get blocked or runny nose all year round.

I've tried pills to relieve allergies and they do work but only temporarily, and I know I shouldn't keep taking them too much. I've used eardrops to relieve the dry itchiness but because I don't seem to have any wax the eardrops just makes it's way right through the ear and down into my throat, which tastes disgusting.

Is there another way to relieve this frustrating itchy ears and throat?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 May 2018, 7:57 am

I take allergy meds daily for years & I know others who do as well. Some of the meds are fairly safe & there's nothing wrong with you taking them everyday if they help. In addition to the antihistamine Xyzal/Levocetirizine, I take the med Singulair/Montelukast which is a preventive med for asthma & allergies. It's meant to be taken everyday long term. I also use the nasal spray Flonase as needed but that's pretty safe to be taking everyday. I also take Sudafed as needed but I wouldn't recommend taking that everyday

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition