Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2018, 4:35 am

Biscuitman wrote:
I am fairly nonplussed when it comes to the royal family. I am not against them, but just don't really care too much for what they do.

I do though feel that could be a very positive role for them in British life if they choose the right causes and spend much of their time fighting the right fights then they could be hugely valuable for the country. William & Harry have certainly gone more than way than previous generations but still nowhere near enough for my liking.

As for who they marry? i have no interest at all. If it makes them happy then that is good I guess.

They cannot promote Justice when their very existence is injustice. Everything they have is because of theft and oppression.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2018, 4:52 am

everything almost everyone has is theft if you go back far enough

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2018, 5:02 am

Biscuitman wrote:
everything almost everyone has is theft if you go back far enough

Not really Most people don't inherit wealth and only have what they have because of voluntary transactions.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 1:15 pm

Wolfgang1884 wrote:
Well, as a proud monarchist and eventually citizen of Britain's oldest ally, Portugal, I kind of felt a certain controversy in the marriage of His Royal Highness Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
The fact that Mrs. Markle is divorced reminds me of an identical case that occurred in 1936. This case is the case of Ex-Monarch Edward VIII (Duke of Windsor after his abdication) and Wallis Simpson.
I personally am not much in favor of the marriage between Royalty and the common citizen. But I see the English quite indifferent in these cases.
I usually use an app called "Discord" and I was able to talk to some Brits. Within which I was surprised to learn that, from what I've been told, 20% of the British population is Republican.
I honestly do not have great access to information about Great Britain but I would like to see if the British truly lost confidence in the Monarchy and what general opinion of the English public is to the marriage of His Excellency Prince Harry to Ms. Markle

Im a Monarchist to. Why are you a Monarchist?

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 2:39 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
Wolfgang1884 wrote:
Well, as a proud monarchist and eventually citizen of Britain's oldest ally, Portugal, I kind of felt a certain controversy in the marriage of His Royal Highness Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
The fact that Mrs. Markle is divorced reminds me of an identical case that occurred in 1936. This case is the case of Ex-Monarch Edward VIII (Duke of Windsor after his abdication) and Wallis Simpson.
I personally am not much in favor of the marriage between Royalty and the common citizen. But I see the English quite indifferent in these cases.
I usually use an app called "Discord" and I was able to talk to some Brits. Within which I was surprised to learn that, from what I've been told, 20% of the British population is Republican.
I honestly do not have great access to information about Great Britain but I would like to see if the British truly lost confidence in the Monarchy and what general opinion of the English public is to the marriage of His Excellency Prince Harry to Ms. Markle

Im a Monarchist to. Why are you a Monarchist?

Are you a Monarchist because you want to be king?

I really hate having a Queen its a state enforced class system, state enforced inequality.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 5:30 pm

That's interesting that you actually give a toss about "royals only marrying other royals". Didn't know that there were still folks around who actually valued that.

Anyway.

The British monarchy has to change in order to survive into the future. And allowing love matches, and marrying commoners, and even marrying commoners who are not lily White is a positive and needed change. Socially it keeps the royalty a little less anachronistic and more relatable to the masses. So its a good political move. But also the Royals have to keep their own gene pool from getting too shallow. They cant go on with royals only marrying other royals or they will end up like the Hapsburgs. The Russian Branch of the Royal Family already had a kid with hemophelia only about three generations back.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2018, 8:06 pm

Wolfgang1884 wrote:

What are you views on monarchism?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 3:29 am

Monarchs rule.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 4:33 am

It was interesting today to receive a report on my DNA history, the majority is identified as French, which is consistent with the family history on my father's side. It was amusing to be informed that my DNA and that of Richard the Third identify us both as descended from an ancestor we share in common, a woman who migrated from the Middle East 9000 years before. And of course she had a distant ancestor in Africa, as is true of all humans on earth today, including the monarchy.

This article from the Telegraph was all the more interesting, and questions the "purity" of the royal line of descent down to Elizabeth the second.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/intera ... -tree.html

At the end of the day, they are people just like all of us, and I think the "purity of the monarchy" is more likely a fairy tale than a absolute reality.

Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 2:10 pm

B19 wrote:
And of course she had a distant ancestor in Africa, as is true of all humans on earth today, including the monarchy.

Although it true that a proportion of people's DNA does originate from Africa, others come from what are now other landmasses, such as with genetic origins now proven from Australia as was once also New Zealand, and from China as was once also Japan, and so on and so fourth with other DNA sources across the equatorial regions of the earth. Keeping in mind here also the evolutionary developments from the super-continent Pangaea or Pangea that joined up as continental units about 335 million years ago, and separated out as such about 200 million years ago.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 9:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
Monarchs rule.

Yes they sure do.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 5:52 am

Happy 2020 everyone.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 5:53 am

B19 wrote:
It was interesting today to receive a report on my DNA history, the majority is identified as French, which is consistent with the family history on my father's side. It was amusing to be informed that my DNA and that of Richard the Third identify us both as descended from an ancestor we share in common, a woman who migrated from the Middle East 9000 years before. And of course she had a distant ancestor in Africa, as is true of all humans on earth today, including the monarchy.

This article from the Telegraph was all the more interesting, and questions the "purity" of the royal line of descent down to Elizabeth the second.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/intera ... -tree.html

At the end of the day, they are people just like all of us, and I think the "purity of the monarchy" is more likely a fairy tale than a absolute reality.

Very interesting. Tres Interessant.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 2:57 am

Wolfgang1884 wrote:

I heard they are giving up their royal titles and no longer doing royal duties.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 5:19 am

Deepthought 7 wrote:
[ others come from what are now other landmasses, such as with genetic origins now proven from Australia as was once also New Zealand, and from China as was once also Japan, and so on and so fourth with other DNA sources across the equatorial regions of the earth.

I assume you are referring to Denisovans contributing 1-5% of east Asian and Australsian DNA
Neanderthals contributed around 5% of their DNA to caucasians which helped them adapt to the colder climes

The other 95% is from Africa

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 5:20 am

B19 wrote:

Lineage = "good breeding" + proper upbringing