Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

08 Jun 2018, 6:36 am

auntblabby wrote:
dating doesn't work if one has a fundamental incompatibility with other humans.

That's why I've turned a lot of that energy inward. It's another way to do something productive with it even if the outside world doesn't reciprocate.

“Those who know that they are profound strive for clarity. Those who would like to seem profound to the crowd strive for obscurity. For the crowd believes that if it cannot see to the bottom of something it must be profound. It is so timid and dislikes going into the water.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 4:27 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
dating doesn't work if one has a fundamental incompatibility with other humans.

That's why I've turned a lot of that energy inward. It's another way to do something productive with it even if the outside world doesn't reciprocate.

mee too :alien:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 2:56 am

I dreamt I was at work in the hospital only it was different people and a different hospital, more like a humongous shopping mall, and I left work to get some lunch in the cafeteria, only I got lost on the way, and I spotted an acquaintance I knew in waking life, only in the dream she was a naval officer, and she was albino, and I asked her if she could point me to the front of the hospital, and she sneered at me and gave me the finger, and was visibly hostile towards me, and I tried to get away from her but she kept blocking my way, until a good Samaritan saw what was happening and distracted her while I headed towards the elevator, at which point I awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 2:48 pm

i dreamt i was in heaven and it was perfect except there were legions of stinging wasps all around, and was informed that i was really in "the other place." :twisted:

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

23 Oct 2018, 4:04 pm

Sounds like you were in with the melissophiles.

“Those who know that they are profound strive for clarity. Those who would like to seem profound to the crowd strive for obscurity. For the crowd believes that if it cannot see to the bottom of something it must be profound. It is so timid and dislikes going into the water.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 7:06 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sounds like you were in with the melissophiles.

sorry, googled it and couldn't find quite that term, what are they? :scratch:

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

23 Oct 2018, 7:36 pm

Google melissophilia. I tried the above and google offered it to me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 7:40 pm

I wonder why it wouldn't give me anything on melissophiles [closest it came was mesophile] but it would on melissophilia? :scratch: in any case I am not one of them.

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

23 Oct 2018, 7:55 pm

Meh, blame it on Larry Page and Sergey Brin then.

And if you can't Google them you might be on a Chinese ISP.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 7:58 pm

don't know about the Chinese part- Centurylimp and MSN/Bing.