Do you or have you struggled with your weight?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

questor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 11:34 am

I started packing on the pounds in my teens, and ended up weighing around 240. It fluctuated between about 235 and 245, but was mostly at about 240. Then, after cancer surgery 12 & 1/2 years ago I ballooned up to 300, and stayed there until about a couple of years ago, when I very slowly started to lose weight. This year the weight loss sped up a little bit, and now I am down to about 235. I will continue using the methods that have helped me lose this weight until I weigh what I should weigh. Got a long way to go, but at least I'm on my way.

Recently I found a pix of myself in my teens, before I packed on the pounds. Every now and then I look at it to remind myself that I will eventually be back down there again. Too bad I can't turn the clock back on my age, and other health issues, too.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2018, 4:13 am

I put on a lot of weight after my GP put me on Mirtazipine to help with my mood disorder. It made me extremely hungry all the time and my weight increased by about 28lbs despite the fact that I do a lot of exercise. I have since managed to lose most of that excess again by following the eat-less diet and distracting myself with other things when I am feeling hungry.

I find that after a while I get used to the hunger pangs. In my head I laugh at them, tell them that I'm not playing today and suggest that they just go away and find some fat to chew on. It usually works as long as I am totally absorbed in doing something else.

If I am going out walking in the mountains I try to visualise the extra weight in terms of 1 kg bags of sugar. I think about stacking a dozen of them together and then imagine carrying them around all the time. If only I could leave the bags of sugar behind I might not get out of breath so easily on the steep uphills. Since I really like mountain walking the thought of lugging all those bags of sugar around with me helps keep me motivated to try and maintain a healthy weight.

GummyDinosaur
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Sep 2018, 5:12 pm

I’ve almost always been overweight. Probably because I was addicted to computer games as a kid and because my family loves cooking and eating out all the time.

I didn’t realize how bad it was until I reached 192 lbs in 7th grade. I got a bad grade in gym class because I was so out of shape that I couldn’t do the exercises because I couldn’t breath. That’s when I decided to do something about it. :!:

In 9th grade, I made it down to 161 lbs. (A healthy weight. I’m 5’9”.)

In 12th grade, the school I went to had amazing but unhealthy food. My family also started eating out all the time again. I went up to 210lbs, my highest. :?

Freshman year of college, I went down to 170lbs because I was afraid of the cafeteria so I starved. And I wasn’t home with my family that always wants to eat.

Sophomore-Junior year of college I started stress eating and went up to 186lbs.

Right now, I think I’m about 178lbs but I haven’t weighed myself in a bit. I’m making more effort to lose weight lately so hopefully I can do it. :)

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Sep 2018, 12:02 am

I developed anorexia because of my body dismorphic disorder in my teens. My weight dropped rapidly. My lowest weight was maybe 98 pounds, and I am almost 5'6". Thankfully, I gained back weight. I now do intuitive eating. Basically, I eat what I want when I'm hungry. I am currently gaining weight as I have been quite hungry lately. I'm probably about 130 pounds now. I still get intrusive thoughts, but I'm working on not worrying.

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2018, 1:02 pm

I currently have issues with my weight. I'm 33 and weigh at 17 stone.

I now exercise but it took effort especially when my partner admitted he finds my bigger body sexier though he does say it's more important to lose the weight for health reasons.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

27 Sep 2018, 9:11 am

I've never gained weight. I'd say that's both positive (because I can eat whatever I want) but also annoying because i've several times gotten asked "are you anorexic?" which I find to be very rude for two reasons - one being that if I was that would be a terribly insensitive thing to just ask out of the blue like that, and two because it makes me feel as though I look sick which tears on my self-confidence. I no longer wear tanktops in the summer because my arms are so thin. People think you can only get shamed for being heavy but really people will shame you for anything both if you're skinny or big. Plus I think curves are beautiful, I sometimes look at chubby girls and wish I had their body. :)

huimaa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2018, 10:57 am

Struggle to keep it up mostly, I'd say I have tendencies to eat less in order to control my life. I'm 5'4 and petite anyway so being around 94 lbs alarmed people few years back. I think bullying caused it and also my brain craving routines and control so it felt good and peaceful actually to lose weight.

I'm better now, not obsessed over food and numbers. I eat much more than I used to.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 12:52 am

No.
Actually, I've never had a weight problem.
The only time I gained some weight without really having control was when I took a medicine called Remeron.
I'm not taking it now.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 1:15 am

no, as kid it was insisted i was too thin, after 16 i was alledgedly on drugs,
eating takes motivation and is the first thing to block
-and then there's the crowd who accuses you (me) to be too punctual about meal times

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 5:36 am

Yep. Life long battle. Good luck everyone, may your diet and exercise plans help!