Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2018, 5:00 pm

All the time, since I was 8 I have been sleeping after midnight. And also, when my parents forced me to go to sleep at 10 on school nights. It took me 4 hours to fall sleep. I think it's because of how much caffeine I have

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Jun 2018, 4:46 am

Not a night owl lately. Sleep at 10pm with cat; turn on radio at midnight and sleep more; turn off radio in disgust at 4am; get up with cat at 5am, morning routine; then back to bed alternate 6 hr shifts. Also, since my heatstroke, doc told me take 20 mins sun daily - I do and feel better. Those two steady things - 5am cat wake and 2pm sun - are what's changed. I'm stronger.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 4:55 am

I try not to be, but most of the time that does not happen.

Trying to get up earlier and enjoy the early morning, I need to because I need to find a job. SSI is failing and just got a medical review so its possible they could just cut me off...OHHH what to do? Luckily I have a bit of money in savings just in case...should be enough to help before I get a job. Which I am nervous...the longest I have had a job is like 3 months...who is going to hire someone who only has past experience listed in months and is 28 with no real job history?

Hangfire
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2018, 1:26 pm

LisaM1031 wrote:
As far back as I can remember, I have always been a night owl. I am currently in between jobs and my natural sleep cycle seems to be from about 3am to 11am when I wake up. There is something about the dark and stillness that I find very soothing. Is this something common to people on the spectrum?

Anecdotally, it seems to be. Annoyingly, my mind becomes focused and balanced when i should be winding down for bed, hence i wanna stay up and do stuff i was to sluggish to do during the day.