Page 15 of 16 [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2018, 3:11 pm

The fact that it can be proven to be cheaper and more of a benefit to the general consensus and still be opposed says a lot

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 3:15 pm

SZWell wrote:
The fact that it can be proven to be cheaper and more of a benefit to the general consensus and still be opposed says a lot

I so hope it's going to reverse course and be cheaper. That's what we were promised. I'm paying 25% of my annual income simply toward our health insurance premiums before we even get to use the insurance at all. No joke. No joke.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 3:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
StickyVicky wrote:
No one has a "right" to anything that others must produce, and for the same reasons that a group of thieves does not have a "right" to anyone's wallet.

Nobody has the moral right to deprive someone else of life, whether that entails medical care, food, shelter, etc. To allow someone to needlessly die is tantamount to murder.

Once again, I absolutely agree with you in everything you've said and once again I would say I believe this because I'm pro-life. No need for you to respond to what I've said since I believe you already did when I first agreed with you on this subject. I simply couldn't help but make mention of it based on how much I agree with you on what you've said here as well.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 3:41 pm

SZWell wrote:

It's not cheaper.

That's why Sanders proposes 8.4% new health care taxes.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 3:43 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Chronos wrote:
People like a friend of mine who can't afford the subsidized premiums but who makes too much for medicare.

People who have health insurance and can afford the premiums but can't afford any out of pocket cost.

People who lost their health insurance because they lost their job, can't afford COBRA premiums, and made too much the previous year to qualify for subsidized insurance or medicare, but wouldn't be able to afford subsidized premiums anyway.

For subsidized Silver plan:
https://www.pfichicago.com/obamacare-be ... quirements

How can your friend make so much money not to qualify for Medicaid, not to qualify for free ACA, yet not afford at most $364/month? Worst case, that's around $4,300 year for someone who makes a $45,960 modified adjust gross income Which means your friend could easily be making $75,000 per year pre-deduction and still can't afford $364/month.

How is this possible?

How will your friend afford the proposed Bernie Sanders health care taxes of 8.4%? That could be even more than $363/month.

Because his basic living expenses and financial responsibilities eat up all of his income.

He had a decent paying job in his home town but housing prices exploded and he did the logical thing and moved to a cheaper area. Unfortunately the cheaper area was 80 miles away from his work and then gas prices exploded and left him broke. To compound things, he had two cars totaled on the commute...neither accident his fault.

He had a chance to move to a cheaper state as a friend had a place there so he sold his house at no or very little profit and did, only he couldn't find employment there and ended up having to take gig jobs and is in no better of a financial situation than he was here.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 3:45 pm

Magna wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
StickyVicky wrote:
No one has a "right" to anything that others must produce, and for the same reasons that a group of thieves does not have a "right" to anyone's wallet.

Nobody has the moral right to deprive someone else of life, whether that entails medical care, food, shelter, etc. To allow someone to needlessly die is tantamount to murder.

Once again, I absolutely agree with you in everything you've said and once again I would say I believe this because I'm pro-life. No need for you to respond to what I've said since I believe you already did when I first agreed with you on this subject. I simply couldn't help but make mention of it based on how much I agree with you on what you've said here as well.

Danke. 8)

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 3:49 pm

Then there are people who can't even apply for medicare or an ACA plan because they have complicated taxes and have to file extensions.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 3:54 pm

Then there are people who have health insurance but need medications or procedures that aren't covered.

Or people who have health insurance but have co pays or lab fees they can't meet.

If you have a $50 co pay and don't have it, you don't have it.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 5:29 pm

And people don't "consume" healthcare the way they consume other things, so, to compare it to things like buying TVs and whatnot is folly.

I did a brief stint as an EMT. Unconscious patients got delivered to the nearest medical facility that could render aid, NOT the cheapest. Also, if you break your arm, and you can't afford it, you're not going to suffer a broken arm until you can save enough money to buy treatment.

We're animals. Animals seek pleasure, avoid pain, and do their best not to die. Consumer-ism has nothing to do with raw instinct.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 5:30 pm

Chronos wrote:
Then there are people who have health insurance but need medications or procedures that aren't covered.

Or people who have health insurance but have co pays or lab fees they can't meet.

If you have a $50 co pay and don't have it, you don't have it.

^ This.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 7:17 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
This is why we need universal healthcare. $950,000 medical bill?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/canadian-wom ... pital-bill

Yes she did purchase travel insurance but it decided to not pay the bill because of her "pre existing condition." What was her pre existing condition? Pregnancy?

That's why we don't want "universal health care".

The taxpayer will be stuck paying millions of dollars for foreign tourists.

Not necessarily. It depends on how the system is structured. And the cost of healthcare is greatly inflated by the existence of the health insurance industry.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 5:56 pm

Yes it is.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 6:16 pm

We need a new revolution and afterwards provide free health care to everybody and not just the privilaged.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 8:41 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
Yes it is.

No one has a right to someone else's time and labor.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 8:56 pm

Bataar wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Yes it is.

No one should be denied life ensuring medical care, especially in a country like ours where there's so much prosperity.
Medical professionals wouldn't be working without compensation for their time and labor, as the tax payer would be flipping the bill.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 11:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Bataar wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Yes it is.

No one should be denied life ensuring medical care, especially in a country like ours where there's so much prosperity.
Medical professionals wouldn't be working without compensation for their time and labor, as the tax payer would be flipping the bill.

Bataar is taking the position of taxation is theft. It’s no use having a discussion with those people, as their minds are already closed. In short, he is of the greed is good generation.