Paddy McGuinness “craves normality” for his children

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 12:00 am

Paddy McGuinness bursts into tears as he admits he ‘craves normality’ with his autistic children

Quote:
Paddy McGuinness broke down in tears as he admitted to John Bishop that he ‘craves normality’ with his three autistic children. The Take Me Out presenter remains quite close-lipped when it comes to his home life, while his wife Christine has become a fierce campaigner for those with autism. But speaking on John Bishop’s new In Conversation With… series, Paddy spoke openly about his struggles to adjust to his life as a father. He admitted: ‘It’s still very difficult for me to deal with – it’s still very difficult. We crave… I crave normality with my children.

Honestly John, whether they were autistic or not, I think I’d like to be a parent whose not putting pressure on my kids to be a brain surgeon or a dentist,’ he added. ‘It wouldn’t matter to me if they worked at Morrison’s or what they did, as long as they were happy, because I was happy growing up like that.’ He teared up as he added: ‘Now I have this different thing where, the things that people take for granted….like I was out at the local supermarket and a guy was there with his son. About a four year old, and he’s going “Dad, can I have a yoghurt?” and he’s like “no you can’t have a bloody yoghurt put it back your mum’s doing your tea”

I hope his kids never get a chance to read that.

Paddy McGuinness launching a new series about life as the father of autistic children.
Quote:
Paddy McGuinness has revealed that he plans to launch a new TV show about his life as the father of autistic children

Paddy’s twin son and daughter Leo and Penelope, 5, were diagnosed with autism, and wife Christine has previously admitted fears that their daughter Felicity, 2, may also be autistic. Since the revelation last year, Christine has become a spokesperson for those dealing with autism, and has openly discussed the struggles they face as a family as a result.

“Autistic people see, hear and feel the world differently to other people. If you are autistic, you are autistic for life; autism is not an illness or disease and cannot be ‘cured’. Often people feel being autistic is a fundamental aspect of their identity.”

While I Hope his kids read that yet more parents exploiting thier kids in this case for career and profit purposes. The show should be named “Virtue Signaling”. Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 12:24 am

I disagree, I think anything that brings attention to it is good.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 3:57 am

The guy hosts a prime time, completely superficial dating show for the TV viewing masses. He has the oppourtunity to reach a lot of people that might not know much about the subject. It might be good to wait to see what the actual content of this show is before judging too harshly.

From those articles his wife seems to be more "clued up" on the subject.

Maybe he is just lacking in empathy! (JK)