Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 7:32 pm

I always feel sorry for cutting the grass :(

A tree in my backyard, a very big one died this year and had to be removed, they were cutting it and I was sitting inside watching and was squinting my eyes at what pain it would probably feel 8O

Same with what people think of fish and that they don't feel pain. My neigbor has big carps and they are sweethearts and recognize me even and the cat of the neighbors hit one and he was in pain for a while and you saw him suffering. His behavior was insanely different. Still people think fish don't feel pain.

A lot of the brain and other things in the body are not explained yet so I find all these claims to be pseudoscience. Animals can sense the most biggest events in nature that we can't before they happen but we can't explain why. Animals have instinct and know things without even being taught.

We are an arrogant know it all race who believe we are the only one in the universe.

I myself being from a sperm donor, I have autism, many mental problems, health problems and know people who are also from sperm donors who have the same kind of problems and I feel it has to do with that.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 7:53 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
I always feel sorry for cutting the grass :(

A tree in my backyard, a very big one died this year and had to be removed, they were cutting it and I was sitting inside watching and was squinting my eyes at what pain it would probably feel 8O

Same with what people think of fish and that they don't feel pain. My neigbor has big carps and they are sweethearts and recognize me even and the cat of the neighbors hit one and he was in pain for a while and you saw him suffering. His behavior was insanely different. Still people think fish don't feel pain.

A lot of the brain and other things in the body are not explained yet so I find all these claims to be pseudoscience. Animals can sense the most biggest events in nature that we can't before they happen but we can't explain why. Animals have instinct and know things without even being taught.

We are an arrogant know it all race who believe we are the only one in the universe.

I myself being from a sperm donor, I have autism, many mental problems, health problems and know people who are also from sperm donors who have the same kind of problems and I feel it has to do with that.

being sensitive to the suffering of others. i feel so sad when my plants die and certainly believe that plants can suffer e.g. if they are in bad environments, perhaps i am naive but these organism are highly intelligent and they may be able to feel more than we give them credit! plus, in the past, animals were thought to have no feelings and today we know that is not the case! the mystery of consciousness continues...

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 5:31 pm

^ I feel bad for plants too. Unfortunately, if you're part of the food chain, there's no way to avoid stepping on something else's toes.

In the future, I'd like to become a vegetarian (not a vegan because I believe we need animal products to be healthy). Ideally, I'd like to see animals treated humanely, and raised kindly. I'd have no problem paying more for meat if it was raised, and killed, ethically.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 6:29 pm

^I also would like to become a vegetarian or even a vegan. I don't have much knowledge about food, mostly eat the same things as a single male and don't really have the knowledge to become a vegan. Eating for me is practical and not that important so I don't really care to become vegan only for myself. If you share it with a partner it would be different. I hardly ever eat meat so I think it wouldn't be hard for me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 6:49 pm

The vast majority of abortions occur before it even becomes a fetus via abortion pill/medication....just FYI. The only time 'abortions' are preformed when its viable outside the womb are in medical emergencies.

Also, for me personally I have no way to take care of a child, I lack the resources and I do not think I could be a responsible parent. I am on disability trying to get into the work force, I don't have money or time for a pregnancy, me and my boyfriend have enough trouble paying our bills as is. Also, even though medical treatment for pregnancy has improved greatly since the past...there are still health risks pregnancy can cause that not everyone wants to risk. Some womens bodies literally may not be able to handle pregnancy or giving birth.

So yeah I certainly do not think anyone should have the right to tell me I have to have a baby. If I get pregnant I'd want an abortion ASAP.

I do not agree with abortion just because you find they could have a condition and that is the only reason, like you were all for having a child until learning they might have a condition...but then not sure its my place to make that decision for someone else as much as I might not like it.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 1:21 pm

Gallia wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
Gallia wrote:
who's to say that sperm doesn't feel pain?

To feel pain requires a central nervous system, pain receptors capable of sending pain signals, and a brain that is able to interpret those signals as pain. A sperm cell lacks all of those things, and a human embryo (below a certain level of development) lacks one or more of those things.

this is pretty much the copy + paste argument given by vegans. I'm pretty sure they have done studies that confirm that plants seek to avoid painful situation.

i mean, plants are intelligent enough to communicate with each other even though they lack said central nervous system. perhaps it is set up differently.

Sperm cant feel anything, I promise you that. Their stimulus response is entirely mediated by biochemical pathways just like any single cell.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 1:24 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
Gallia wrote:
who's to say that sperm doesn't feel pain?

To feel pain requires a central nervous system, pain receptors capable of sending pain signals, and a brain that is able to interpret those signals as pain. A sperm cell lacks all of those things, and a human embryo (below a certain level of development) lacks one or more of those things.

You do NOT need a CNS to feel pain. But you do need nerves and receptors in the animal sense.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado