Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2018, 9:00 pm

For those of you that follow baseball, the Mets started the season 11-1

After that incredible start, they are now 20-43 over their past 63 games.I'm not too particularly flabbergasted because I know what they are capable of. They're the Mets. ie) 2007, 2008. When the pitching is good, they can't hit. When the pitching is bad only then do they hit. And then when they sync their hitting with pitching, the bullpen blows it. They put together a video game team. Just a bunch of monotonous robots..The only thing fresh, new, and exciting to watch was Nimmo and now he's hurt! Its almost funny.. Calling out Mets fans if they exist on here.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 1:06 am

The_Gimp wrote:
For those of you that follow baseball, the Mets started the season 11-1

After that incredible start, they are now 20-43 over their past 63 games.I'm not too particularly flabbergasted because I know what they are capable of. They're the Mets. ie) 2007, 2008. When the pitching is good, they can't hit. When the pitching is bad only then do they hit. And then when they sync their hitting with pitching, the bullpen blows it. They put together a video game team. Just a bunch of monotonous robots..The only thing fresh, new, and exciting to watch was Nimmo and now he's hurt! Its almost funny.. Calling out Mets fans if they exist on here.

Callaway is in over his head. He has lost the team if he ever had it. Teams slump but it is all the mental errors that is telling.

It is amazing how often they get hurt and how often the injuries are mishandled year after year after year. I assume every injury is season ending and possibly career ending until proven otherwise. I thought finally changing the training staff would change that. WRONG.

They are a big market team that acts and thinks like a small market team. I think it is because most everybody involved from ownership to the fans has an inferiority complex from being in the same city as the Yankees.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 3:43 am

It could be worse: you could follow the Cubs, Assyholes (aka Bawlmer) or Picksburgh. :twisted:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 8:46 am

I grew up in Queens. I was somewhat of a Mets fan----but more of a Yankees fan.

I watched the 1969 World Series, and the 1973 World Series (but with a bit less interest).

As recently as about three years ago, the Mets were a World Series team. It seems as if there is something "organizationally" wrong with them.

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2018, 12:04 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Callaway is in over his head. He has lost the team if he ever had it. Teams slump but it is all the mental errors that is telling.

It is amazing how often they get hurt and how often the injuries are mishandled year after year after year. I assume every injury is season ending and possibly career ending until proven otherwise. I thought finally changing the training staff would change that. WRONG.

They are a big market team that acts and thinks like a small market team. I think it is because most everybody involved from ownership to the fans has an inferiority complex from being in the same city as the Yankees.

We gotta point to the source. Who signed Callaway? I say tear it all down, get rid of everyone but keep Degrom and Noah Syndergaard. If they trade any of these two, they're absolute idiots to put it kindly.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 5:16 pm

Sandy Alderson is taking leave to battle cancer recurrence

Quote:
Sandy Alderson is taking a leave of absence from the Mets to battle a recurrence of cancer.

Alderson was originally diagnosed with cancer in 2015. He said it had returned in April or May this year.

“Since that time I’ve been undergoing treatment,” the Mets general manager said at a news conference Tuesday. “I expect to have surgery later in the summer. My prognosis is actually good.”

Without Alderson, the Mets’ baseball operations will be led by John Ricco, Omar Minaya and J.P. Ricciardi. Alderson may not return to the role, regardless of how his treatment goes.

“If I were to look at it on the merits, I’m not sure coming back is warranted,” Alderson said.

The team has struggled on the field this year plummeting to 31-45 after an 11-1 start, for which Alderson took blame.

“I feel personally responsible for the results that we’ve had,” Alderson said

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2018, 6:30 pm

: (

This is absolutely horrifying

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2018, 12:17 pm

I think the Mets very well might have Aspergers. Not the players, nor the management, or ownership, just simply The Mets. They remind me of me.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 12:28 pm

The_Gimp wrote:
I think the Mets very well might have Aspergers. Not the players, nor the management, or ownership, just simply The Mets. They remind me of me.

How?

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2018, 3:55 pm

Well, I don't know where to start. Lol The Mets are an immediate target because right off the bat they are expected to do good, be successful, because on the exterior they look like they're capable of such when they are in actuality rather awkward, have a hell of a time syncing things up because obstacles seems to always get in the way. One day they look like a powerhouse, other times they look so bad, you wonder if they're doing it on purpose. There is never a middle ground for the Metropolitans. They're not your typical baseball team.

They're also an easy target on bullying. When Noah Syndergaard went down with hand, foot, mouth disease it was ridiculed all over the media. When it happened to one of the Yankee players, not a peep.
That is just a very very brief description , otherwise I'd be writing nine paragraphs.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 6:49 pm

Their ratio of World Series appearances and victories per seasons as a franchise are not unusually small. It only seems that way because they play in the same city as the Yankees.