approached 1000+ women with no luck

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2018, 8:31 am

and all of them where 1-2-3 on the look scale.

i think its time for people to stop with the "there is someone for everyone".

ugly women dont want ugly guys. i am proof of it.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 8:34 am

Better to approach one with some potential than 1000+ randomly. Love is not a big numbers game.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 8:35 am

I think it is time for people to stop with the "I'm such a loser; poor, poor me" threads.

Unless, of course, they post such threads in The Haven, which is where they belong, and where jerks like me are forbidden from making posts like this.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 9:51 am

Do ugly sweden women exist?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 9:54 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Quite likely. Swedish women are mostly like women in the rest of Europe.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 9:56 am

"Cold approaches" rarely work.....I wouldn't use the percentages obtained via "cold approaches" as any kind of indicator of potenial future success.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 10:10 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
"Cold approaches" rarely work.....I wouldn't use the percentages obtained via "cold approaches" as any kind of indicator of potenial future success.

At least the type "will you date me?" or similar has close to zero chance of working. It doesn't appeal to any neurotype. Repeatedly flirting with the same girl has some potential, at least if she reciprocates, and that actually is independent of looks.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 11:47 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You've nailed the crux of the problem right there.

Where he lives, the standards are completely different.

The woman below is maybe a 3 or 4... in Sweden, of course.

The solution: move to Romania or Hungary and women will throw themselves at you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 12:10 pm

^ Romania???! You gotta be kidding!

Dudette, Romanian women are famous for their beauty too, Sweden is the land of the hot blondes and Romania is land of the hot brunettes.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 12:15 pm

Have you tried building friendships with any of these women first? I get a little creeped out when some random guy asks me out. Also, it can make you seem desperate which adds to the creepiness.

Try building friendships with women you have something in common with. If it doesn’t lead to a relationship, she might have single friends...

CannibalCorpse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jun 2018, 3:29 pm

How did you approach those women??

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 5:39 pm

white_as_snow wrote:

I never say there's someone for everyone. I think that's a ridiculous statement.
I very much doubt I'd be attracted to the sort of person who claims to have approached 1000+ women who he has ranked and deemed objectively "ugly". And it wouldn't be his looks that would be the problem.

Also, what Fnord said. 8)

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 9:57 pm

white_as_snow wrote:

Who’s...wait...

Ok, I’m the resident numbers game guy. Out of 1000+ you should have AT LEAST 10.

If I understand correctly, you’re approaching ugly women because you’re an ugly guy. The problem is you’re lowering your standards to attract women you assume are desperate, and I would guess it’s all out of your own desperation that you do this. “Ugly women,” if they exist, are only ugly. They aren’t desperate.

You might also be trapped in a self-fulfilling prophecy. You consider yourself ugly and assume pretty girls won’t have you. You suspect ugly girls have high standards that don’t include ugly guys. So you don’t really make the effort to get to know girls and spin acquaintances into dates. And then your failure to get dates feeds right back into your confirmation bias.

I’m curious about these 1000+ women you’ve met and gotten to know. Over what time frame? How did you meet? How long have you been in contact with them? See, if you take a single year and mass-swipe girls in dating websites or whatever you do, or you approach every women on the street and ask for a date, no, that’s not going to work. If you reach every last woman on the planet you might eventually get somewhere, but that’s not really the way to go. You need to form actual relationships and move those towards something romantic. That takes time. I would set a goal to form 100 relationships on a basic level within a year. That means knowing the names of 100 girls you see somewhat regularly, girls you have conversations with, and actually REMEMBER important information about them. If you can manage that, you’re practically guaranteed at least one date by the end of the year.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 10:12 pm

white_as_snow wrote:

Then you'll have to trh pretty women instead.

Are you even that ugly?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 5:51 am

He is probably confusing “being rejected by 1000 women” with “1000 women on dating sites ignored my message”.

Not the same thing.

Apathy and “you’re too repulsive to date” aren’t the same thing.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 6:04 am

hale_bopp wrote:
He is probably confusing “being rejected by 1000 women” with “1000 women on dating sites ignored my message”.

Not the same thing.

Apathy and “you’re too repulsive to date” aren’t the same thing.

The heading reads "approached". I suppose he could have confused "approached" with "messaging", but it seems a bit far-fetched. I think it is pretty possible to ask 1000 women for a date (especially if the time-frame is several years), and always getting rejected. It implies that he asked just about everybody out, without knowing them at all.