Autism Speaks Taps DNAstack to Update MSSNG Research Portal

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 12:47 am

https://www.genomeweb.com/informatics/autism-speaks-taps-dnastack-update-mssng-research-portal

Quote:
Autism Speaks has enlisted genomic analysis software company DNAstack to restructure the organization's massive MSSNG research portal, with the goal of simplifying access to genomic data on autism and ultimately accelerating research.

The MSSNG project, an ongoing effort between Autism Speaks, the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, and Google, is an open repository of whole-genome sequence, phenotype, and clinical information from more than 10,000 individuals and families with autism. The database and associated analytics tools are offered openly to researchers, clinicians, genetic counselors, and families affected by the condition.

Toronto-based DNAstack will add a data discovery portal and data-sharing features to the MSSNG platform, and will integrate it with bioinformatics workflows,, the partners announced today.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman