Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

disconnected412
Raven
Raven

02 Jul 2018, 11:45 am

I think I’m in need for a career change. I have a good job that provides insurance, pension and a decent wage, but I feel it’s causing me a great deal of issues. Most the time a I manage construction projects. The constant changes of job sites, new people and sensory overloads I feel are taking years off my life.

I have a bachelors in Park Management but never pursued a career in that field.

Anyhow I’ve began working with the OVR office in hopes of a career aptitude text.

Has anyone else switched careers? I feel leaving my industry can eliminate a lot of anxiety.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 12:02 pm

Crazy coincidence.

I've been doing the same thing for....17 years as well and your situation is similar to mine in many respects and I also am contemplating a switch for similar reasons.

My job consists of equal parts sales and service and management. I never would have taken this job had it not been for it being a family business started by my father. The continuous interaction with others has burned me out to the point where I can't seem to look at the positives (good pay, health insurance and being the boss) and have them outweigh the negatives any longer. Even though many through the years have said I'm the best boss they've ever had (ie I'm a pushover), I'm horrible at managing people. I find NT people that work for me to actually be quite needy and I feel often like a babysitter. I'm at a crossroads like you.