video game characters that are autistic

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2018, 9:20 pm

Yes, actually. There's a confirmed autistic character in Watch_Dogs 2; I think his name is Josh but I can quite remember.

Besides that, there's also Plastic from ME; Catalyst who, in my opinion, almost definitely is. I also suspect that Peebee (I think that's the name) from Mass Effect; Andromeda likely is as well, even though this is not confirmed at all.

PatrickJane
Raven
Raven

13 Aug 2018, 6:29 am

Mythos wrote:
Yes, actually. There's a confirmed autistic character in Watch_Dogs 2; I think his name is Josh but I can quite remember.

Besides that, there's also Plastic from ME; Catalyst who, in my opinion, almost definitely is. I also suspect that Peebee (I think that's the name) from Mass Effect; Andromeda likely is as well, even though this is not confirmed at all.

I absolutely agree. Plastic is very obviously portrayed in an autistic fashion.

There is also Dr. Patricia Tannis from Borderlands and Borderlands 2, who has asperger's.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2018, 10:28 pm

PatrickJane wrote:
Mythos wrote:

There is also Dr. Patricia Tannis from Borderlands and Borderlands 2, who has asperger's.

Oh, I seem to remember that character. Yeah, there are actually quite a few autistic characters in games. Not a huge amount, mind, but a fair amount at least.

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 7:25 pm

Inqas playing Tales of Berseria today, and I came across this skit. Doesn't it sound like they're talking about someone with aspergers?

https://youtu.be/7XNDFPhDSzc

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2018, 11:41 pm

I can really relate to Franklin from GTA V but I don't think hes an aspie. Same with CJ from GTA San Andreas and tons of other video game characters. I think Lester from GTA V might be one but I can't relate to him at all (not like that really effects anything about him having aspergers)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Aug 2018, 12:01 am

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Inqas playing Tales of Berseria today, and I came across this skit. Doesn't it sound like they're talking about someone with aspergers?

He could be an Aspie but he could also have bad OCD instead

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 4:40 pm

nick007 wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:

He could be an Aspie but he could also have bad OCD instead

True, but the fact that he has a bunch of unusual interests that he can and will talk people's ears off about at the slightest provocation makes me think it's more likely he's an aspie. He has a tendency to become obsessed over random things at a moment's notice too, like so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhp4QciZYDE

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 2:42 pm

I would have to say Bentley Bear from the old Atari game "Crystal Castles"

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

19 Oct 2018, 1:09 am

Amy from “Amy”, and River from “To The Moon”.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 5:28 pm

Master Chief comes to mind, as has been said--for me especially after Halo 4. Silent protagonists in general come off this way to me much of the time, so Link, Samus, Gordon Freeman, etc

Besides that:N from Pokemon, Terra and Squall from Final Fantasy, Merrill from Dragon Age, and Soren from Fire Emblem.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Prudolph
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Oct 2018, 5:37 pm

I don't think there are many who are actually confirmed to have it - most characters mentioned are just ones who we believe have autistic traits. As has been mentioned - Master Chief, I'd say Trevor from GTA V too as a matter of fact, based off his mannerisms and speech (I know he is a psychopath, but psychopaths are meant to be very charming and good at manipulating people as well, which he isn't, which leads me to believe there is something else like AS that is affecting him). My mind is very busy atm, so I can't really think of anyone else...... :(

AQ-49 of 50
EQ-7 of 60
RDOS:
Neurodiverse (Aspie) score is 183 of 200.
Neurotypical (Non-autistic) score is 31 of 200

INTJ-T Personality type

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 12:11 pm

I think Daniella from Haunting Ground is more psychotic than anything but I can somehow see a little bit of a spectrum disorder in her too. She's actually not human and she is unable to experience the things that other humans feel like physical pain and pleasure which causes her to have a strong jealousy and contempt for the main character Fiona. Some interesting traits and behaviors she has include:

She hates seeing her own reflection in mirrors and will scream in horror but likes looking at her reflection in transparent glass. In fact a long broken glass shard is her preferred weapon.

She has a very high pain tolerance and never reacts to getting injured. She even has several cuts and burns on her hands that could have been either intentional or from all the heavy work she does as a maid.

She will quit chasing Fiona around and trying to kill her in order to perform her duties as a maid around the castle.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 9:24 pm

I also wonder if Eddie from Silent Hill 2 is an example of an Aspie who was pushed over the edge?

He's clearly not a normal thinking adult. I believe his character was supposed to be like 24 or 26 but he still dressed like a little boy and had the mannerisms of a kid. You could especially tell this when he was confiding in Laura who I believe was 7 years old (correct me if I'm wrong). He had a very low opinion of the world and of himself and while he seemed like a pretty nice guy he showed disturbing behavior when holding a handgun and fantasizing about killing the people who bullied him, and the game reveals that the reason he ran away to Silent Hill was because he killed the pet dog of a football player who bullied him and he shot the man in the leg (but didn't kill him). While originally Eddie felt guilt over what he did the town of Silent Hill drove him crazy and he gave into his dark obsession about wanting to kill everyone who he felt bullied him and laughed at him his whole life.

Even though people with Aspergers and Autism are more often victims than victimizers I think they can be pushed into snapping and doing something horrible just like Eddie did.