Page 9 of 39 [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 39  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2019, 2:29 am

Should've put this one up for Pi Day. (I think they're eating pie, but I can't be sure.)

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 2:28 am

Well I almost guessed the Red Angel, but not quite.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 4:39 am

Happy First Contact Day!

https://youtu.be/M4xm7x052XQ

There Are Four Lights!

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 10:33 am

Good lord, that last episode of Discovery!

As a person who will one day end up the same way, I am a Captain Pike fan. I was so pleased to see how they honored that storyline. Pike is a BOSS. Showin’ um how you do it in the Prime universe, assuming that is where Discovery is really taking place. Integrity, sacrifice, commitment. That is what Star Fleet is all about.

I kind of wish they were not doing the “sexy Spock” angle again, but like my husband says, his voice really does sound a lot like Nimoy’s. He’s a good character on his own. I keep trying to imagine him playing the lute and I guess I can, so maybe he’s not a bad cast.

I’m also constantly impressed with the Orville. That storyline with Isaac was hard as F. And I love that my boy Norm MacDonald is finally doing well on a show.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 12:10 am

^ I really don't like the appearance they have given the Klingons in this series. They look plastic – neither scary nor realistically alien. The premise way back at the beginning about the Klingon religion was promising, but they haven't developed it well.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:59 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 9:48 pm

"Antimatter supply exhausted. No hope for escape from this planet."

There Are Four Lights!

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 10:01 am

Haven't seen Discovery yet and I am waiting to start once Big Bang is over and then I am devote my attention to being a Trekkie. I also need to watch the rest of TOS and then start on Next Gen because Star Trek is great.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2019, 7:27 am

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 1:04 am

I miss having new episodes of ST: Discovery each week.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:27 pm

Wow.

STAR TREK: PICARD Headed to CBS All Access

Seventeen years after his last appearance in 2002’s Star Trek: Nemesis, Sir Patrick Stewart will return to the role that made him famous. CBS has greenlit a new series centered around Jean-Luc Picard in his older years. The as yet untitled TV show will air on CBS All Access, home of Star Trek: Discovery, and see a return to the franchise’s 24th century time period.

Update 5/15/19:
The previously untitled Jean-Luc Picard series now has a name, and it’s exactly what you’d think it would be. The official Star Trek Twitter has announced the Patrick Stewart starring series is called Star Trek: Picard. It will stream exclusively on CBS All Access in the United States, and on Amazon Prime in more than 200 countries and territories. Canadian Trekkers will be able to view it on Space Channel.

Interestingly, the Star Trek font used in the logo is the original series one, and not the one from The Next Generation. It might mean nothing, but that’s never stopped us Trek fans from speculating! Star Trek: Picard is set to debut sometime this fall.

https://nerdist.com/article/picard-star ... g-we-know/

There Are Four Lights!

MrLucky
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2019, 4:42 pm

auntblabby wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
how many other people here have seen Harlan Ellison's original screen treatment of "city on the edge of forever"?

I have, and I've also seen the comic book series that Harlan Ellison personally approved that displays it. It's a fine effort, although I'll never be able to displace my feelings about the ST episode, which I regard as a classic. As I understand it, Yeoman Rand was already gone or about to be, so that element alone wouldn't have worked. The dope addict angle could have been good, but in a 48-minute episode, the treatment would have been shallow. They could have made it a double episode, as they did with Menagerie/The Cage. I really thought that Ellison's treatment of Rodent was far better, though. Rather than just an aimless drunken bum, in Ellison's version he was a maimed World War I veteran. However, I don't like the implication that in either case that his death wouldn't have changed history. That's not just a matter of being charitable. To me, any change, no matter how small, is going to have an outcome sometime later down the timeline. Of course, adopting that approach would negate the whole point of trying to reverse whatever McCoy/Dope Addict did. 8)

they had to recognize that in America at the time, 6th grade level was considered the average public comprehension level so they hadda adapt the story to fit within both the limits of American comprehension as well as network budget limits, the episode as originally written would have used up the whole year's budget. somebody should make a mini-series based on it sometime.

Just found this thread. IIRC, the maimed, legless veteran was supposed to be called "Trooper." I think you're right, it would have made a good mini-series or at least 2 or 3 episodes. It would also make an interesting "alternate history" if they did change the future to where Scotty, Uhura and the two security Redshirts would have to join Kirk, Spock and McCoy in 1930's America and make a living and survive. When WWII rolls around, if it were not for his ears, I could see Spock working for the Manhattan Project, The Radiation Laboratory at MIT (RADAR) or perhaps Benchley Park in the UK on computers. McCoy, well, he can help more WWII Allied Soldiers survive their injuries and so on. Scotty would do well with his engineering knowledge. Uhura, the same although unfortunately, being a Black woman would hold her back for that time although I think she'd eventually overcome somehow. The rest, I do not know, I'm sure they'd stay close as a group and work together. If you do not want to mess with the timeline, we could do the Dallas 1985/86 Season treatment and say it was a dream. ;) World make an interesting "fish out of water story."

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 4:12 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 10:22 pm

Oh my.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 12:40 am

8O 8O 8O

NASA Spacecraft Spots 'Star Trek' Logo on Mars

NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter spotted a feature on Mars that looks like the famous "Star Trek" logo.

It looks like Starfleet is literally embedded on the planet next door: A dune in the shape of the famous logo from "Star Trek" appears prominently in a new picture from the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO). Even Captain Kirk himself (actor William Shatner) has weighed in.

https://www.space.com/star-trek-logo-on ... photo.html

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 10:59 pm

Re-watching the original Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

There Are Four Lights!