Page 38 of 39 [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

20 Dec 2020, 12:01 pm

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 12:19 pm

^ 8O is there a sobby person in Discovery? I tend to dislike that. Makes me uncomfortable.

I knew a girl in school who would cry constantly. The first few times I felt sympathetic, then I learned it was just because she cried over everything.

Oh look, the reasons for which I'm seen as cold and heartless :lol: .

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

20 Dec 2020, 12:54 pm

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
^ 8O is there a sobby person in Discovery? I tend to dislike that. Makes me uncomfortable.

I knew a girl in school who would cry constantly. The first few times I felt sympathetic, then I learned it was just because she cried over everything.

Oh look, the reasons for which I'm seen as cold and heartless :lol: .

It is the main character too. A lot of the crew experience mental health problems of some sort and they go in to depth with it and how they cant do their job. It really amazes me that these people are supposed to have got through the academy.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 1:22 pm

^ Hmm interesting. I've been known to stop watching shows where there's just non-stop over the top drama. If every character is having one crisis after another, then that seems unrealistic.

Starlight2001
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jan 2021, 5:24 pm

A few thoughts on the crying discussion above. Discovery is actually more realistic than TNG in that respect. In the face of some of the stuff that happens in TV shows most of us would break down and cry sometimes. Season 3 has the added stress of having arrived in a completely new century and having to process that everyone they left behind is long dead. Anyone hating on characters in those kind of situations is just being a bully. This kind of behavior is especially disappointing on a site for autistics, who often have mental health problems ourselves.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 4:52 am

Starlight2001 wrote:
A few thoughts on the crying discussion above. Discovery is actually more realistic than TNG in that respect. In the face of some of the stuff that happens in TV shows most of us would break down and cry sometimes. Season 3 has the added stress of having arrived in a completely new century and having to process that everyone they left behind is long dead. Anyone hating on characters in those kind of situations is just being a bully. This kind of behavior is especially disappointing on a site for autistics, who often have mental health problems ourselves.

Your post is a good way to make friends and influence people, here. :mrgreen:

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 1:17 am

Starlight2001 wrote:

Are you calling me a bully?
I re-read my text and all I was saying was that I avoid overwhelmingly dramatic people. I don't see how my personal preferences qualify as bullying.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 2:13 am

Starlight2001 wrote:

I re-read my text and all I was saying was that I avoid overwhelmingly dramatic people. I don't see how my personal preferences qualify as bullying.

I think you might be part Klingon, B'Elana AuroraBorealisGazer. :scratch:
I can see a hint of cranial ridges if I squint rool hard. :mrgreen:

Starlight2001

07 Jan 2021, 5:42 pm

Starlight2001 wrote:

No. I'm calling holymackerel a bully. I'm sorry if you got caught up in this.

Starlight2001

07 Jan 2021, 5:44 pm

Starlight2001 wrote:
Starlight2001 wrote:

No. I'm calling holymackerel a bully. I'm sorry if you got caught up in this.

Both of their posts seemed almost intentionally hurtful.

Starlight2001

20 Jan 2021, 3:08 pm

This thread hasn't been active since I posted and I'm worried it's because of me. A few weeks ago I made a post without really thinking about what its consequences would be because one of the people here made me angry. It's really out of character for me and I hope you can forgive me. I like most of the posts I see on here and I've missed reading them.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 5:24 pm

This thread stops and starts and has been this way for a long time . :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 5:26 pm

Maybe because the Star Trek franchise itself has lost popularity.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 5:28 pm

Fnord wrote:

Shame. .... Shame ..... Star Trek lives on forever.......! , but you could be right :?: Sigh :cry:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 5:35 pm

Jakki wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Shame. .... Shame ..... Star Trek lives on forever.......! , but you could be right :?: Sigh :cry:
I know ... I know ... my first memory of Star Trek was "The Immunity Syndrome" (1968-01-19), and from that moment on, I was hooked.  But my interest waned after watching "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" (1979-12-07), because of the slow pace and cheesy special effects.

Star Trek has also become too "preachy" in the area of Social Justice.  When compared to the whiz-bang aspects of the Star Wars franchise, Star Trek comes across like a colloquium on moral philosophy.

:roll: BO-RING!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 6:14 pm

Can get the preachy part but have enjoyed the spin offs very much .... kept the idea of sci fi. Alive. :mrgreen: