Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Shinku Tora
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jul 2018, 7:03 am

Been there plenty and it sucks. Four years at my previous job were spent mostly trying to avoid someone whom I had been rejected by, all because I was naive and listened to “advice” about leagues not existing. I’m sure she didn’t think much of it other than that I was too “creepy” to be friends with from that point on, but I always had to be reminded of it every time I went in. Thank god that’s over and I never have to see her again.

Of course I’ve had this new job, which I’ve already made a thread about, wherein I’ve met up with a previous coworker I also asked out. She doesn’t seem so miffed about it, but I get the feeling it’s because she craves any and all attention regardless of who it’s coming from, even if that means stringing along guys she has no interest in. The place is big enough, busy enough, and we have different enough shifts that I rarely see her, and having since gone my own way, it’s far easier to see how she and others like her would have a more negative than positive impact on my life no matter how pretty or nice they happen to seem.

whatamievendoing wrote:
Fnord wrote:
2) Filing an harassment complaint against his co-worker (and possibly others) for uninvited attention and/or physical contact.

Why would you suggest this?

Because no one should have to receive unwanted attention. Many workplaces make it clear that this can be for any reason, and between any two or more people. It may seem like harmless chit chat, but not at the expense of his mental health.

However, it is typically advised to confront the person first yourself, tell them that what they are doing is making you uncomfortable, and politely ask them to stop, and only if they persist should you go to fill out any documentation.

gilding our minutes and hours;
Clouds came and covered the sun,
the breath of a baleful unease,
turning to ashes flowers in their fields,
silenced the birds in the trees.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 9:37 am

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Here's a pic of me and one of her (cunningly photoshopped, you couldn't even tell, could you?). You see the difference?

The only problem I see is that there are only two wolves on your shirt.

I think if you tried wearing a Three Wolf Moon shirt to work, you would need to file a restraining order against this girl.

Don't burn your bridges before you cross them...even if nothing special happens with this particular girl, just interacting with her and building your confidence will exude something that others will pick up on.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 9:54 am

Nothing special Adam. Stringy blonde hair. You on the other hand look a very athletic guy. Nice hair, clothes etc.

I know a lot of people believe in this league crap.....but at the end of the day we really are the same once you strip us our outwardly statuses.

For the guys out there. Have self confidence.

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 11:08 am

Athletic? Lol I'm 270 pounds and would probably die if I had to run anywhere farther than my living room chair to melt fridge.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 11:21 am

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
It's not our jobs that put her out of my league, it's who we are as people. Here's a pic of me and one of her (cunningly photoshopped, you couldn't even tell, could you?). You see the difference? If you look up the word "hopeless" in the dictionary, that's the picture you get.

I think you two would make a cute couple.

Oh, and is that a real sheep behind you?

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 11:29 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
It's not our jobs that put her out of my league, it's who we are as people. Here's a pic of me and one of her (cunningly photoshopped, you couldn't even tell, could you?). You see the difference? If you look up the word "hopeless" in the dictionary, that's the picture you get.

I think you two would make a cute couple.

Oh, and is that a real sheep behind you?

Nah, just a statue. It's from a couple weeks ago when my family took a trip to Branson.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 11:40 am

Adam you look like a football player....someone in one of the classes I was teaching in.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 11:45 am

HistoryGal wrote:
Adam you look like a football player....someone in one of the classes I was teaching in.

I know it's the USA, but is a guy like him (and like me) really considered athletic there? I don't wanna think about the chubby ones! :lmao:

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 11:49 am

Don't talk yourself down man! You got a kind face and are a bulky guy. There are women that like that. Met men that were twice your size who have women who look like models. In the past, I was very obese, and my ex was quite attractive. Leagues are such bullsh_t.

In the past, I had contact with a model who I had no interest in at all, she just wasn't my type at all, and her behavior was not interesting at all to me. She kept flirting and sending me photos of herself while I kept telling her I just wanted to be friends. I was 198 pounds fatter, just to name an example. Helped her through her anorexic period, and supported her when nobody else did. Treated her like a human being when everybody else only saw her for her looks and treated her like a brainless object.

Just be nice, flirt with her and if she backs down, you have your answer. She might surprise you.

@Peacesells, don't be a jerk. He could crush you with his pinky, I know I can :twisted:

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:16 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
@Peacesells, don't be a jerk. He could crush you with his pinky, I know I can :twisted:

I am such a jerk that basically I am the only person that encouraged him to better himself, instead of just saying "You're athletic, you're good looking, just be nice!"

Also lower your lame dominance-fight tones or you will get reported.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:26 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Also lower your lame dominance-fight tones or you will get reported.

Love you too sweetheart :wink: :lol:

Never forget the pinky :lmao:

*Shiver* :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:26 pm

At least Adam is not a delusional person, that's a good start and a good quality.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:30 pm

That's your job Boo :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 1:31 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
That's your job Boo :mrgreen:

No, my job is to crush you with my big pinky.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 1:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

:lmao:

Fantastic! Love it! :heart:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 1:34 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

:lmao:

Fantastic! Love it! :heart:

I knew that you would enjoy it. :heart: :heart: *roar*