So, how about that Trump guy? (Definitely not treasonous.)

Page 2 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 12:33 am

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
and his supporters are parties to TRE45ON, as well.

Mmhmm. The prison industrial complex would just love it if 29% (Trump's unwavering base) of Americans were incarcerated for being parties to TRE45ON. Could you imagine if 29% of Americans were thrown in jail? Lol and you thought you had a world record for highest incarceration rate already...

I would settle for a lifetime cessation of their voting rights to limit the damage they have done to this nation. ;) *
*theoretical, I still favor universal suffrage, but I can dream. ;)

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 12:52 am

Take away voting rights from everybody who loves Trump. Give voting rights to undocumented immigrants instead.

It’d piss Trump supporters off and as a hispanic immigrant I’d be pleased - better voters and my people.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 2:06 am

a compromise, leave those fifth columnists their voting franchise but out them all, to the person, and shun them forevermore, in the same way you'd give the eternal cold shoulder to one who has, with malice aforethought, grievously wounded one.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2018, 11:49 pm

How does he still have followers? Tribalism, sophistry and spite. Trifecta of the faltering populist.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 1:27 am

"... when a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or count himself lost. … All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. ..." [H.L. Mencken]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 2:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
"... when a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or count himself lost. … All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. ..." [H.L. Mencken]

That has happened, God help us all. :skull:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 4:10 pm

What I find highly amusing is that the left if attacking Trump from the right, while the right is applauding him for things they'd be hammering a Democrat president for. Is anyone else tickled by this?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 4:11 pm

Can't laugh, my country is burning down all around me.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 5:06 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
What I find highly amusing is that the left if attacking Trump from the right, while the right is applauding him for things they'd be hammering a Democrat president for. Is anyone else tickled by this?

How so?

The left is attacking Trump for his bigotry against minorities (anti-bigotry against minorities is sadly firmly from the left while the right has increasingly embraced that to the point of having actual Nazis run for office).

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 5:18 pm

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

How so?

The left is attacking Trump for his bigotry against minorities (anti-bigotry against minorities is sadly firmly from the left while the right has increasingly embraced that to the point of having actual Nazis run for office).

The North Korea treaty is a good example. Pubs would be slamming a Dem president as intensely as they slammed Obama for Iran deal. One poll showed Republican approval at about 79%. Corporate media journalists like Rachael Maddow would be leaping up and down with approval over Korea if Obama was in office.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 5:20 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Can't laugh, my country is burning down all around me.

It's been burning for a very long time.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 5:30 pm

Why won't Al Jazeera release the undercover documentary regarding the the Russian lobby in the US that shows the sheer power Russia has in the US?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 7:28 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

I am disturbed by it because it is further proof all most care about is destroying the other side. Which is why we are in such a mess.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 7:34 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I am disturbed by it because it is further proof all most care about is destroying the other side. Which is why we are in such a mess.

I'm disturbed by it also. Making light of it is just the way we deal with depressing issues. Humor is how we deal with life.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 8:06 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I'm disturbed by it also. Making light of it is just the way we deal with depressing issues. Humor is how we deal with life.

Sometimes laughter can can help in troubled times better than tears or breaking things in a rage can.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 8:43 pm

The word "treason" is very over-used by people who don't have the foggiest understanding of what it means.

Much of the far right considers Obama and Hillary to be treasonous. Much of the far left considers Trump to be treasonous.

Clearly, a large number of members of both groups are idiots.