Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 10:31 pm

I like having grey hair. When hair started turning grey people stopped thinking I was a teenager. These days I don't need to present ID when buying wine and hard liquor.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 10:49 pm

auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Mine is turning grey and receding. The more it goes, the shorter I'll keep it cut. Oh well, can't do f**k all about it, no sense in worrying.

well, at least you have one superb role model to emulate if you wish- the actor who played picard on star trek TNG absolutely rocks his baldness and well-preservedness. if you end up like him when you're that age, you would rock as well. :wtg:

I doubt it'll go that far or look that good. Probably be more like my fathers/family line.. widow's peak. Only mine seems to be starting younger and will likely be more extreme. At least I'm taller than most people so most won't notice it as much as they may if I were shorter. Also, it's not as if I'm all worried about trying to attract a partner or anything, so there's that element of not really caring.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 10:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Mine is turning grey and receding. The more it goes, the shorter I'll keep it cut. Oh well, can't do f**k all about it, no sense in worrying.

well, at least you have one superb role model to emulate if you wish- the actor who played picard on star trek TNG absolutely rocks his baldness and well-preservedness. if you end up like him when you're that age, you would rock as well. :wtg:

I doubt it'll go that far or look that good. Probably be more like my fathers/family line.. widow's peak. Only mine seems to be starting younger and will likely be more extreme. At least I'm taller than most people so most won't notice it as much as they may if I were shorter. Also, it's not as if I'm all worried about trying to attract a partner or anything, so there's that element of not really caring.

so that means you won't likely get a bald spot on the crown?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 11:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Who knows, I might get that, too. But my hair won't likely recede to a perfect cul-de-sac like Patrick Stewart's. BTW, he's back. There's a new Star Trek series coming out and he's back in the captain's seat. TNG is the only trek series I watched a bunch of shows from - he was the best.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 11:10 pm

I just grow my hair out or it's intractably messy & pretty scary looking.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 11:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Who knows, I might get that, too. But my hair won't likely recede to a perfect cul-de-sac like Patrick Stewart's. BTW, he's back. There's a new Star Trek series coming out and he's back in the captain's seat. TNG is the only trek series I watched a bunch of shows from - he was the best.

he was very emotionally thankful for another run at it. btw, would you consider, if you got the bald spot, using GLH or Toppix?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 11:49 pm

auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

he was very emotionally thankful for another run at it. btw, would you consider, if you got the bald spot, using GLH or Toppix?

No idea what those are. Im guessing they’re something like Rogaine? Probably not marketed/sold in Canada.

Doubt it. Don’t care that much about vanity/fashion/style etc. I’m autistic and somewhat intentionally single, so crap like that is a complete waste of money that could pay for important things like a motorcycle or more tattoos. 8)

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 3:58 am

Going from balding to wig seems to me to just be swapping one problem for another

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 6:59 am

Well, I'll state this in the most honorable way possible as well being sincere. My hair as a young man at the age of 23 was light brown and thick for the most part, but that has changed over 22 years now;whereby, it's 25% still present and is now more or less gray/white. Yes, I could do those stupid hair replacement techniques , but they are expensive and I'm not that vain nor concerned with my physical appearance.
Still, for people or a person whom has great difficulty I fully understand in investing or wearing a wig if it brings you a great deal of comfort and serenity literally. Cause, simply being human in other people's eyes is extremely difficult especially for women whose loss of hair can be considered emotionally devastating and so forth. In fact, just loosing your hair is most unpleasant regardless of genre. Well, I hope that I've done an honorable job of illustrating myself?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 4:26 am

I remember a while ago, at a record store I used to frequent, there was the proprietor walking around, he was basically slick bald with a few wispy hairs that went from ear to ear sorta like homer simpson. he barely had any fringe at all. but one day I came in there and he had basically painted the top of his head with GLH ("Good Looking Hair," a Ron Popeil product along with his pocket fly fisherman and vegematic and such), basically a mix of hair spray and xmas tree flocking dyed dark brown, he sprayed it all over his combover to add body to it and hold it in place. up close it looked appalling but at a distance it was acceptable. at a swap meet I used to go to on weekends, there was this older man who was similarly bald, but he chose instead to slap on a blond wig, his natural hair was graying brown. I guess blonds have more fun.