Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2018, 9:31 pm

Im already leaving school a bit later. Im still very scared though. School has been a routine for me. I know my teachers. I have a support system. I get the assistance I need. .

I do have a bit of a plan in place though. It just seems scary to me. I stress about it a lot. Im going to be living partially alone but with assistance.

Some days I just want to be less anxious. But I seem to think about stuff a lot. Im just so scared to go out and about. People in highschool think I am weird. I dont act "normal". I stim and avoid eye contact. I also have odd mannerisms. I apparently walk weird too and I have a weird tone in my voice.

My math skills are below grade level and I struggle with shopping because of it. I have a hard time with counting. Stores are loud too. Math makes me feel really stressed.

Im impulsive as well and I dont really think decisions through sometimes. I have done things that I should not have.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 8:53 am

It's understandable that you're scared about leaving a comfortable routine. Hopefully you'll transition well and leave behind some of the high school thinking as you'll probably learn doesn't matter much in the "real world".