Anonymous support group for autistic persons

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

asperger101
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jul 2018, 10:13 am

Hello everybody!

What do you think about idea of creating an anonymous support group for autistic persons?

Some reasons why I want do that:

* I want to allow freely expressing opinions persecuted autistic persons is public schools, coming from overprotective families etc.

* Allow anonymously disclose bad conditions prevailing in psychiatric hospitals.

* Encourage to political and social activism.

* Provide secure place for discussions without risk of leakage personal information posted with users and as a consequence causing social problems.

* Provide place to freely talk about our interests, obsessions and meet new people with similar interests.

Basic rules:

* No mention about Autism Speaks and related organisations.

* Respect opinion of others and be friendly.

* Do not disclose group posts.

* Do not act to the detriment of the community.

This group should use privacy-aware solutions (stay away from Facebook, Google...) and be censorship resistant.

My suggested solutions:

* Bitmessage (it might be good but no any moderations; there's no way to get rid of spammers, trolls etc.).

* Tor Hidden Service (it might be also good solutions but I'm not sure whether hosting it on a cheap VPS is a good idea).

What do you think about my idea? What are your proposed solutions for creating that group? Who is for and willing to contribute and participate for this group?

jillsurf12
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jan 2024, 11:55 am

yes, I support it, I think it's very important and me myself have created a group in whatssap focused on autism vivencies, but unfortunately, I don't know nobody that I could invite to it Lololol it's hard :skull:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 5:18 pm

I would suggest creating the group on Meetup.com, while also promoting it on whatever social media you frequent.

Also, here on Wrong Planet and any similar forums, edit your profile to include your approximate location. Don't be specific enough to endanger your privacy, but do include at least your country, and, if it's a large country, your state/province/region and/or nearest major metro area.