Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ShiningStar25
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2018, 7:59 pm

Hello! So recently, idk if they count as friends because most of mine have been online, however I had a friend tell me to like go away (In much more foul language) so I did and then a month later after I gave them their space they get mad at me for contacting them? We’ve been friends for years and when I tried explaining my side they just pretty much said they can’t be my friend if I cant understand jokes or sarcasm and I feel so hurt by this. Has anyone had this happen to them because they lack social cues? :cry:

thestarseedsoul
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Aug 2018, 12:19 pm

ShiningStar25 wrote:
Hello! So recently, idk if they count as friends because most of mine have been online, however I had a friend tell me to like go away (In much more foul language) so I did and then a month later after I gave them their space they get mad at me for contacting them? We’ve been friends for years and when I tried explaining my side they just pretty much said they can’t be my friend if I cant understand jokes or sarcasm and I feel so hurt by this. Has anyone had this happen to them because they lack social cues? :cry:

I'm not sure what other people think as far as I see this. I am in a close knit relationship with one friend and have never had this happen to me, but spiritually thinking, depending on if they alone exist to be toxic and negative, leave them be because negative energy will just leave a bad taste in your mouth as much as thinking about them, even if chances are it's nothing you did.
Once you finally make a close friend as well later down the line, someone who relates to you and has a positive outlook and absolutely is about as deterred by sarcasm and negativity as (most likely) you are, you'll truly benefit from it.

I don't care who you are unless you purposely piss them off, hopefully that's not you, just get away from their negativity. That's not right of them to smear their hatred on you.
And online relations these days are hard to decode.
Getting away from your social networking connections can often help.

People are going to frown at this (maybe? :roll:) but try going to meetup.com and joining a meetup for something you enjoy, or would like to hang out with others to learn to work on, like art, literature, or just chill at a cafe hangout to discuss music or the like. This may not work for dating but it's most definitely to your benefit to find people who accept you, share your potential for a true zest for life and won't mess with you, NT or aspie, or aspie and bipolar (my case), whatever.

It's in your best interest to get away from peers you don't understand and can't trust. Just "dump" them. Let them go. You don't need demonistic BS in your life (pardon my language). Reach out to others offline too. Break away from the internet.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 2:16 pm

I don't look down on Meetup.com....they are awesome.