Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 9:07 am

You guys are a lot like us as you try to exist in a world full of noise. You often have highly sensitive senses in that you feel things too much. I met one of these sensitive NTs on the job. I try to make her as comfortable as possible when she comes over to do speech therapy with our kids. My students are kinda rambunctious.....I'm immune to their ways but she is just highly sensitive. At first I thought she was snobby....she's not. Anyway guys, NTs are all various personalities. Let's enjoy.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 9:54 am

Around 49.3% of the population are extroverts and 50.7% are introverts [according to the 1998 MBTI Manual].

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 1:32 pm

Before I knew I was autistic I went to class for introverts. At the time I equated introvesion with shyness. When the instructor explained that introversion is not necessaraly shyness but the need for alone time is how we were wired to be it was revelatory. At the time I thought my other ”personalty traits” like poor multitasking ability were unrelated. I ws clueless about missing social ques.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 1:45 pm

I wonder if introverts tend to have broad autism phenotype. I know that wouldn’t be true for all introverts, but many seem to have trouble in social situations due to shyness. It’s often hard for them to keep a conversation going.

Since I’m so introverted, it’s hard for me to carry on a conversation with someone who is introverted as well. I do best when the other person can do the majority of the talking.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 8:16 am

I think that introverts may have a harder time socializing because it drains their energy. I know I need time to myself to recharge my batteries.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 9:21 am

I would say that I have introverted intentions----but that, sometimes, I come across as being extraverted.

After people get to know me a while, they notice, even amid the superficial "openness," that, in a cumulative sense, I haven't said much at all.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 9:49 am

You haven't really met an extrovert until you've met an extroverted aspie.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 11:15 am

EzraS wrote:

There was an extroverted aspie in the support group I attended. While I don't think she was the most extroverted person I have met as there are many very type A personalities in the business world she was pretty extroverted and her verbalization was different.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pjscrab
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2018, 12:01 pm

I am sensitive although not a total introvert. I’d say I am somewhere in between. A tad more on the extroverted side than introverted.

I am not that shy. I might be moody sometimes though

Your neurodiverse score: 107/200
Your neurotypical score: 135/200

You seem to have both ND and NT traits.

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 12:29 pm

EzraS wrote:

Lol. This is my daughter.

LisaM1031
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Aug 2018, 12:53 pm

Even though I always knew I was introverted I always felt that that wasn’t the whole story. It seems like the majority of people are extroverts but introverts are still supposed to make up a large minority of the population (like 1 in 3 people). I always knew I stood out WAY more than that and that there were other things “off” about me besides just being a bit introverted, which is a variation of normal. Once I found about Aspergers and that autistics can be high functioning, I knew that was it. No other diagnosis even comes close to fitting that well.......
As far as introverted NTs, there are plenty of them. Usually they seem perfectly normal, just a bit more reserved. Aspies a lot of the time seem to have something “off” about them, even if you can’t pinpoint what it is.