The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 7:55 am

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 10:05 pm

I've known many people from different countries and they are often shocked and repulsed at the junkiness of American food, however they seem to get hooked on it none the less. American food is designed to stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain and reduce satiety.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 10:27 pm

When really, they're fat people with no self-control. Fat, fat Kuwaitis and Saudis. Same with fat British people or fat Americans or fat anyone.

Have you noticed I like saying the word fat?

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2018, 10:31 pm

American fast food seems to have taken over pretty much every stable nation, sadly. I try to avoid getting food from those sorts of places; I always feel like I'm being played when I do. I hope they don't keep gaining more and more power like they have been.

That said, I hope you guys don't assume that McDonald's and its competitors are representative of American food as a whole. We have a lot of wholesome, traditional foods too, like pie and turkey (although, granted, I don't like many of those either, as I'm a picky eater).

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 10:32 pm

Food concocted in food labs for the express purpose of triggering addictive pleasure centers in the brain. I used to eat a lot of fast food when I was younger, but have only eaten it a handful of times in the last 15 years or so. I think my body thanks me.