Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 12:52 pm

I'm dancing to loud dance remixes on YouTube and am tempted to go out and get drunk... and then who knows what.

In my town I'm a well known street drunk. A couple of weeks ago I sang opera songs as I walked past people eating outside restaurants.

I can go days without a drink but when I feel mania I feel like connecting with others. Unlike during my normal mental state I feel more of a desire to interact with others.

Does anyone else get these manic impulses?

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 12:59 pm

One night I dressed up in a suit and pretended to be Dr Phil for the evening. I was chatting up a table of women in a bar for an hour and they loved it but then it got stale. Later I sometimes think to myself, what on earth was I thinking? But the feeling of mania grips me.

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2018, 10:02 am

Yes somewhat. Although I don't drink so much anymore I still get the urge to get with people and get my drink on. I recall walking through downtown and repeating the phrase over and over "Wake up with the King!". I do have a tendency to say rude things to people though for example adding the word "b***h" to the end of sentences. In this case de-escalation skills are useful. On a side note, in straight bars I am too gay and gay bars too straight but I just do the best I can.