Border Wall Construction Begins In Santa Teresa, New Mexico

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 7:35 pm

Construction of a new $73.3 million border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border in Santa Teresa, N.M., began Monday after an official groundbreaking of what officials called the “president’s border wall.”

Border Wall Construction Begins In Santa Teresa, New Mexico

Check at and after the first minute in the video to see just how effective the new $73.3 million border apartheid wall is going to be upon completion LOL!
VIDEO: https://media.gannett-cdn.com/430307281 ... 750001.mp4

I doubt that Santa Teresa herself would approve of this wall originating in a town named for her. Her poem would be comforting to the victims of Trump's wall and may well serve as a warning to its builders:

Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.
— St Teresa, The bookmark of Teresa of Ávila

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2018, 11:53 pm

More than anything, I can't believe it's actually a thing. I have to admit and give him credit, I didn't think he'd go through with it. Still though, imagine all the better uses for that money. I suppose those trillions of dollars don't matter much to the guy who thinks a million dollars is a small sum. A trillion to him is probably like a few hundred to us.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 1:55 am

The human species has had a few chances to make the whole world a beautiful place for everyone to live in, and every single time its collective voice proudly, boldly and loudly rejected the idea.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 3:16 am

It looks like it is made of wood. Easily broken with saw or hammer. Mexico is not paying for it.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman