Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Marc_in_CT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Aug 2018, 2:10 pm

Hi,

I am from the New Haven CT area, just diagnosed this year, at age 46, with level 1 Autism. I was bullied in school and found myself interested in things that others often wouldn’t even notice. But I guess I wasn’t ‘different’ enough, as I somehow ‘flew under the radar’ all these years.

My condition never prevented me from working or living independently. I’ve been at the same IT job for 15 years and have been a homeowner for 10 years.

My biggest interest and hobby is my Blue Bird Wanderlodge motorhome. In the early ‘90’s I drove school buses, and the Blue Bird buses were my favorite. I later found out Blue Bird made an RV using the same outer steel shell. So this allowed me to take my interest in camping and combine it with my appreciation for Blue Bird’s quality workmanship.

My biggest struggle right now is anxiety (social and otherwise). It’s made it difficult to plan any significant travel because I fear potential mechanical breakdowns and being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 4:37 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 10:36 am

Welcome Marc_in_CT!

To say it bluntly, anxiety sucks!

I hope you will enjoy the forum!

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Aug 2018, 10:58 pm

Hello, Marc.

I think having specific interests in something is great. I suffered bullying as well so I know what it's like. I also suffer anxiety.

It's nice to see you, and I hope to see you around.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 7:46 am

Greetings Marc, sorry to hear you were tormented by tyrants at an early age, as myself was in a similar unto yours sir. Anyways, feel free, explore.