Why would Hillary have been not as scary for America?

Page 5 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 1:24 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
America would be at war with Russia if Clinton won. I think they're both scary to tell you the truth.

We already are at war with Russia, it's a new cold war, or haven't you noticed?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 4:58 pm

The neocons are trying their best to stop the US having good relations with Russia. It seems Trump listened to Kissinger of all people who warned that Russia and China were forming an alliance. The neocons don't care though. War is all that matters to them. That's the whole reason for the anti Trump waves.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 5:51 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
The neocons are trying their best to stop the US having good relations with Russia. It seems Trump listened to Kissinger of all people who warned that Russia and China were forming an alliance. The neocons don't care though. War is all that matters to them. That's the whole reason for the anti Trump waves.

And what is your logic that neocons want to keep the US from having good relations with Russia or China?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 6:44 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

And what is your logic that neocons want to keep the US from having good relations with Russia or China?

Cause they work for the military industrial complex. Watch John Pilger's film- The Coming War On China. The neocon plan in Syria was destroyed by Russia. Look back to General Wesley Clarke saying that the US had plans to take out 7 countries in 5 years after 9/11. Of course it didnt happen that quickly and now the plan is in tatters.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 2:01 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
In 2016 and looking back today, people have said they believe Hillary would not be as scary or horrible for America than Trump. Sure, Trump is no saint all the time either but I would have been much more concerned if Hillary did win the election. At least I see Trump actually shaking up and changing things mostly for the better of our country.

Why do people even believe that Hillary was the "less scary" of either?

The difficulty in answering your question is not that it can't be answered but that the perceptions of HRC by her detractors do not allow them to accept the answer.

Her detractors see her as exceptionally corrupt and that makes any claims of benevolence be instantly rejected by their psyche.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Sep 2018, 4:55 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Sorry, I don't see the relevance of Assange? He's a criminal who has spent the last five years hiding from justice inside the Ecuadorean embassy in London. He doesn't have resources or skills comparable to the intelligence agencies; I fail to see how he'd be able to determine what the Russian government is up to.

I was under the impression that Assange was responsible for obtaining and releasing the "leaked emails". Their story that the Russians didn't hack anything, and that insiders leaked the emails sounds logical to me.

The story that "Russian hackers tampered in the election so that Donald Trump would win" sounds like something from a bad SyFy Original movie.

"Intelligence agencies" work for the government. I've read 1984 too many times to believe that our government is anything even remotely approaching "honesty".

Anyway, my opinion doesn't mean much, I really don't follow these kinds of things at all.

The leaked emails are basically irrelevant. What's more relevant is 1) the Russian attempts to influence the Trump campaign, which have resulted in the conviction of several prominent members of the Trump administration, and 2) Russian attempts to influence the American public, which resulted in the election of Donald Trump.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 3:50 pm

The US knowingly funding AL QAEDA and ISIS is so irrelevant :roll:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 4:00 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

And what is your logic?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 9:30 am

JohnPowell wrote:

To fight the Russians? That doesn't mean we wanted Al Qaeda to turn on the US. We fund Islamic fighters now against Syria.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 5:40 pm

Yes in the 80's. To fight in Libya. In Yemen and Syria. Parts of the Bush administration amd the intelligence agencies helped Al Qaeda on 9/11.