Trump Regime Cancels US Citizenship of Native-Born Americans

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 6:32 pm

U.S. is denying passports to Americans along the border, throwing their citizenship into question

Quote:
The Trump administration is accusing hundreds, and possibly thousands, of Hispanics along the border of using fraudulent birth certificates since they were babies, and it is undertaking a widespread crackdown.

In some cases, passport applicants with official U.S. birth certificates are being jailed in immigration detention centers and entered into deportation proceedings. In others, they are stuck in Mexico, their passports suddenly revoked when they tried to reenter the United States. As the Trump administration attempts to reduce both legal and illegal immigration, the government’s treatment of passport applicants in South Texas shows how U.S. citizens are increasingly being swept up by immigration enforcement agencies...

Juan said he was infuriated by the government’s response. “I served my country. I fought for my country,” he said, speaking on the condition that his last name not be used so that he wouldn’t be targeted by immigration enforcement.

...under President Trump, the passport denials and revocations appear to be surging, becoming part of a broader interrogation into the citizenship of people who have lived, voted and worked in the United States for their entire lives.

“We’re seeing these kind of cases skyrocketing,” said Jennifer Correro, an attorney in Houston who is defending dozens of people who have been denied passports.

Attorneys say these cases, where the government’s doubts about an official birth certificate lead to immigration detention, are increasingly common. “I’ve had probably 20 people who have been sent to the detention center — U.S. citizens,” said Jaime Diez, an attorney in Brownsville.

Two women, Maria and Lupita, whose U.S. citizenship is in question, stand for a portrait in Brownsville, Tex. Although they were born in the United States, the government is questioning their citizenship because it suspects their birth certificates are fraudulent, even though they were issued by the state of Texas decades ago. (Carolyn Van Houten/The Washington Post)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 6:34 pm

Fascists.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2018, 6:45 pm

cberg wrote:
Fascists.

Out in the open too

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 7:30 pm

Waiting for Trump's defenders to try to make the claim that he isn't racist or xenophobic.

F- TRUMP!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 7:41 pm

If they are here illegally, then apply the due process of the law.

Otherwise, this reeks of a Fascist Witch Hunt -- arrest first, then sentence, then gather evidence...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 11:55 pm

Cops apparently actually CHEER for this sort of stuff..

The historic «Native-Americans» who experienced/witnessed what happened on this continent over the past few centuries must really be rolling around in their graves trying to scream out : HYPOCRISY!! !

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 6:21 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
U.S. is denying passports to Americans along the border, throwing their citizenship into question
Quote:
The Trump administration is accusing hundreds, and possibly thousands, of Hispanics along the border of using fraudulent birth certificates since they were babies, and it is undertaking a widespread crackdown.

In some cases, passport applicants with official U.S. birth certificates are being jailed in immigration detention centers and entered into deportation proceedings. In others, they are stuck in Mexico, their passports suddenly revoked when they tried to reenter the United States. As the Trump administration attempts to reduce both legal and illegal immigration, the government’s treatment of passport applicants in South Texas shows how U.S. citizens are increasingly being swept up by immigration enforcement agencies...

Juan said he was infuriated by the government’s response. “I served my country. I fought for my country,” he said, speaking on the condition that his last name not be used so that he wouldn’t be targeted by immigration enforcement.

...under President Trump, the passport denials and revocations appear to be surging, becoming part of a broader interrogation into the citizenship of people who have lived, voted and worked in the United States for their entire lives.

“We’re seeing these kind of cases skyrocketing,” said Jennifer Correro, an attorney in Houston who is defending dozens of people who have been denied passports.

Attorneys say these cases, where the government’s doubts about an official birth certificate lead to immigration detention, are increasingly common. “I’ve had probably 20 people who have been sent to the detention center — U.S. citizens,” said Jaime Diez, an attorney in Brownsville.

Two women, Maria and Lupita, whose U.S. citizenship is in question, stand for a portrait in Brownsville, Tex. Although they were born in the United States, the government is questioning their citizenship because it suspects their birth certificates are fraudulent, even though they were issued by the state of Texas decades ago. (Carolyn Van Houten/The Washington Post)

Trump and his xenophobes would want nothing more than to make sure that non-English speaking, non-Caucasian persons remain outside of the nation whether legal or illegal as a whole.