Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 2:53 pm

Everyone judges everyone.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 3:25 pm

...without judging, I tremble of happiness at the voice (bass) of my love

I hate my voice, I am tenor, for a girl, it is not very sexy.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2018, 9:51 pm

As a guy, there are a lot of aspects regarding women's voices that put me off, including but not limited to; weird laughs, voices too high or too low, ill-educated vocabulary, thick accents, high volume, etc.

Of course, that's from my perspective as a male. I assume it's the same for women as well.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 11:51 pm

Of course women judge voices. I've been told my monotone voice is a deal breaker when dating.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 2:56 am

I like a lot monotonous voices, I find them calming, reassuring

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 5:48 pm

Not sure how this relates to discrimination. Survey and research studies found that highest form of disability discrimination is speech/communication. More than physical and mental disabilities. So if someone judges their voices, speeches and the way how they communicate it may also ended up discrimination. Lot of people I know struggled to make friends, get jobs and find a relationship because of this very reason. It not their fault to have speech/communication impairment or difference. Judging/discriminating them is not on.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 1:27 am

Probably not because my voice sounds really dorky. If women cared about voices I'd still be single.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 1:46 am

as a young man I had a light baritone with extension down to low C. as an old man I have a much more gravelly and grave bass which extends down to low G below low C, rather like a radio announcer's. I've been told I have a voice for radio, but i'm not so sure. I still have the aspie sing/song alternating with monotonic, and a teeny tiny bit of whine rather like a bass-registered bill gates. still, one woman phone solicitor left a message on my answering machine commenting on my outgoing message, saying simply, "wow...…" with pregnant pause before hanging up. I had precisely one voice announcing job for a radio station, I recorded an advert for them, which was marred by countless edits as I couldn't make it perfect on every word.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 1:57 am

LaetiBlabla wrote:
...without judging, I tremble of happiness at the voice (bass) of my love I hate my voice, I am tenor, for a girl, it is not very sexy.

you sound like a contralto, that is my fave female voice register, consider yourself blessed to have a rich dark deep voice. I am thinking of people like the late great karen carpenter and patsy cline, both contraltos. Nina Simone. there are some contralto female staff announcers for NPR that also sound great to my ears, such as Shay Stevens. :dj:

just listen to that beautiful rich deep voice :heart: [at the beginning]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 2:04 am