Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Seba7290
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Aug 2018, 5:50 am

I was browsing Reddit the other day and came upon a comment that said "Mentally disabled people are useless and should be given a quick and painless death".

Wow

It was on /r/Debatefacism which is filled with people like this. I'm honestly surprised the admins haven't taken it down yet,

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 7:02 am

That’s the Stupid Internet for you....

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 7:40 am

^ AKA The Internet of Toads.

Yeah, that seems to be what Reddit is for, these days. Unfortunate. The Net could really accomplish so much! (And often does. Transcontinental, even international, critter rescues. GoFundMe. Other wonderful things.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 2:44 pm

Reddit is for trolls. People like to post the most horrible and sensationalist things to get up-votes, makes them feel special. I never used it myself.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 3:35 pm

I am sometimes active within some service dog subreddits. The people there seem like nice people. Cannot speak about the rest of reddit as I am not a apart of that community nor have I looked into it.

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Sep 2018, 10:32 pm

I go on the aspergers reddit just as much as this place and everyone there is very nice. I actually go on a lot of subreddits. Not all of Reddit is bad.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2018, 11:55 pm

^ most of reddit is...ok in my experience.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2018, 4:43 pm

Never really been a fan of Reddit personally, but I agree that there are good parts of it and then other parts that it's best to stay far, far away from.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2018, 6:15 pm

It chould be worse. You could be on 4chan or Usenet.

Alirat
Raven
Raven

03 Sep 2018, 7:09 pm

I scroll through r/all everyday looking for funny gifs and any newsworthy items. Sometimes frequent subreddits such as r/mrrobot when the series is airing. I avoid the cesspits such as r/the_donald etc. I like to keep up with current memes. I stop reading anything that looks to be disturbing. I similarly scroll through Twitter on a daily basis but don't find that nearly as entertaining. Absolutely hate Facebook but check out the rellies (my relatives in New Zealand slang) once a week to make sure I don't miss any births marriages or deaths.

I don't post on any of these forums because I don't handle people slamming me for some opinion, misspelling, or other crime against the forum. Posting on WP as it seems a little safer.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 146 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 58 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2018, 1:28 pm

Meistersinger wrote:

Usenet is still around? I posted there in my early teens in the late nineties, right before COPPA. Mostly sports and music groups. I remember DejaNews and the whole lot. So much wrong could have gone there, but by today's standards, I didn't experience anything all that bad.

I'd advise the OP to be especially careful on Reddit, though. I hate their voting system, and there are lots of fringe groups on there. You don't have to ban it completely, but watch your step, as landmines abound. :|

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 1:39 pm

kdm1984 wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

Usenet is still around? I posted there in my early teens in the late nineties, right before COPPA. Mostly sports and music groups. I remember DejaNews and the whole lot. So much wrong could have gone there, but by today's standards, I didn't experience anything all that bad.

I'd advise the OP to be especially careful on Reddit, though. I hate their voting system, and there are lots of fringe groups on there. You don't have to ban it completely, but watch your step, as landmines abound. :|

You never had to put up with Steve “Speedbump” Coursey or John Grubor, JD (a disbarred barrister.