Friends from synagogue ghosting on me after I left

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 8:16 am

Update:
I decided to cut this relationship loose because the wife isn't interested and had given off several passive aggressive messages regarding that she no longer wants to associate.

I should have mentioned this earlier and I thought I did. Though her husband has some great qualities and likes some of the things that I do and means well. Behind closed doors, he is a very angry person and often yells at the top of his lungs and say nasty and hurtful things to anyone who doesn't agree with him. Most of the time, his wife is his scapegoat and seems to be the brunt of his issues. Likewise, he yells at his daughter step daughter all the time and calls her names. He even started on me during the last few times.

I just removed them from my facebook, mobile devices and I am just moving on while continuing to work on myself.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Sep 2018, 10:14 pm

My girlfriend is being ghosted by a church friend since my girlfriend quit going to the church due to moving. She was Cass's best or 2nd best friend but she started ignoring Cass since Cass moved & quit going to that church. Cass used to try & go to church 1ce a month when she spent a few nights with her parents but basically everyone she thought was her friend there barely talked to her & kind of ignored her so she no longer goes to church when she visits her family. Cass used to be very involved with the church & helped out with lots of church functions.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 8:01 am

nick007 wrote:
My girlfriend is being ghosted by a church friend since my girlfriend quit going to the church due to moving. She was Cass's best or 2nd best friend but she started ignoring Cass since Cass moved & quit going to that church. Cass used to try & go to church 1ce a month when she spent a few nights with her parents but basically everyone she thought was her friend there barely talked to her & kind of ignored her so she no longer goes to church when she visits her family. Cass used to be very involved with the church & helped out with lots of church functions.

Sounds like this group of people got "Offended," which is something this couple often preached at me about. As for the synagogue we all went to, they are very cold there. I really thought that this couple were my friends but looking back,

1. The relationship was one-sided where I would go over their house but they hardly ever came over to my things
2. They were not very supportive of my leaving and not were they supportive

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 7:12 am

Duplicate topic.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)