Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 2:10 pm

I wasn't aware of this quiz until I seen I posted on another website, Empathy Quotient:

https://psychology-tools.com/empathy-quotient/

My score:

Your score was 29 out of a possible 80.

Scores of 30 or less indicate a lack of empathy common in people with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

Higher scores indicate greater levels of empathy.

I always score right on the border with these tests. I screenshoted the results and along with at least AQ test I'll show it to my counselor tomorrow.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 2:41 pm

Aspie quiz and I also freshly downloaded PDF:
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 142 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 98 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

AQ: 32-Possible Autism

I'm thinking of what else to take, unless it is suggested to take these with the counselor. RAADS I haven't taken in a long time and I scored in the autistic range when I did, that one I hear is the most accurate.

Edit:

RAADS-R I found an online version. My overall scores pretty similar to "female with a ASD" but my social was a little lower than average aspie(but still more aspie than not) and my motor /sensory and systemizing categories we're significantly higher than even the average autistic.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2018, 4:56 pm

11/80 for me :(

I think I have empathy though.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 6:08 pm

gosh!

29 out of 80. Just under the bar of 30. I guess that was to be expected. At least it wasn't lower.

Alirat
Raven
Raven

06 Sep 2018, 6:31 pm

Wow I was 19 out of 80. My new therapist has explained the sort of empathy that eludes me. I get very upset seeing people sad etc or a sad situation - but the empathy she was talking about was nothing to do with that. Who'd have known eh?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 146 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 58 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Omokage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Sep 2018, 8:05 pm

I'm 19 out of 80. I'm not even surprised.

I do have empathy, but I guess I'm just bad at reading the situation. :|

Or I just have no idea what empathy entails.

That is why I often let the discussion flow from their side. I don't like to get into the discussion when it gets heated, and I mostly avoid drama at all costs. Apparently, I only say unimportant things, so I only speak when I'm certain it will be taken positively and it has any tangible weight to the discussion. I wished I knew what to say at all situations so that I didn't have to be so awkward.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 8:10 pm

More Baron-Cohen profiling without actually talking to us. :roll:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 8:19 pm

Last time I took this test I scored 13.

What's interesting, though, is that on some other Emotional Intelligence tests, I've scored much higher. I'm thinking that's because of the difference between cognitive empathy (which people with ASD are thought to be bad at) and affective empathy (which we are just fine at).

I'm thinking that on this test, it's almost completely cognitive empathy it's testing, whereas the tests I've done better on have included affective empathy questions too.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 8:32 pm

Alirat wrote:
I get very upset seeing people sad etc or a sad situation - but the empathy she was talking about was nothing to do with that. Who'd have known eh?

You mean such as feel the emotions of other people? I don't even know several of this emotion. :?
31 8O

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 9:55 pm

Oh, great. I took the test earlier and got a 10. I retook the test twice this evening taking my time and really thinking about the questions and my answers. I got a 14 both times. Am I really dead inside??

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 10:07 pm

The guy who wrote the questions might be.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 10:09 pm

quite an extreme wrote:
Alirat wrote:
I get very upset seeing people sad etc or a sad situation - but the empathy she was talking about was nothing to do with that. Who'd have known eh?

You mean such as feel the emotions of other people? I don't even know several of this emotion. :?

That's the difference between Affective empathy (aka Deep Empathy) and Cognitive empathy (aka Shallow Empathy). I think this test is mostly about Cognitive empathy.

Affective empathy is the ability the recognise and be affected by the emotional state of others. On this, many people with ASD are close to on par with NTs. We can see that someone is sad, feel sorry for them, and maybe even become sad ourselves as a result.

Cognitive empathy is the ability to see something from someone else's perspective, and many people with ASD are bad at this. We can see that someone is sad, and feel sorry for them, but because we can't see things from their perspective, we don't know what to do to make them feel better, so we tend to stand around feeling awkward, and people thing we have no empathy at all.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2018, 10:11 pm

I got 47.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2018, 10:13 pm

SplendidSnail wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
Alirat wrote:

That's the difference between Affective empathy (aka Deep Empathy) and Cognitive empathy (aka Shallow Empathy). I think this test is mostly about Cognitive empathy.

Affective empathy is the ability the recognise and be affected by the emotional state of others. On this, many people with ASD are close to on par with NTs. We can see that someone is sad, feel sorry for them, and maybe even become sad ourselves as a result.

Cognitive empathy is the ability to see something from someone else's perspective, and many people with ASD are bad at this. We can see that someone is sad, and feel sorry for them, but because we can't see things from their perspective, we don't know what to do to make them feel better, so we tend to stand around feeling awkward, and people thing we have no empathy at all.
That's all rather interesting, I've never considered separating empathy into different categories.

I suppose that all makes sense but I scored at least relatively highly and still often stand around looking awkward at times. :lol:

Nira
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Sep 2018, 2:38 am

I got 21.

Purpledragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Sep 2018, 3:29 am

I got 11. And here I was thinking I had empathy.