Will a Wrong Planet mod delete my account if I request?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

LostSoul12241991
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Sep 2018, 1:27 pm

I have seen a post on WP where someone said that moderators here won’t delete your account if you ask them to. But that was an old post from years and years ago.

Does this still apply today?

I have sent a request to a moderator to have my account deleted.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 1:30 pm

Accounts can't be deleted.
They can be closed, as in you will not be able to post from that account again.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 1:32 pm

I apologise for my comments in your thread in the haven.
I'm severely depressed, but that's no excuse.
I'm sorry you want to leave.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 1:34 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Accounts can't be deleted. They can be closed, as in you will not be able to post from that account again.
This ‘closure’ involves changing the password and not informing the member. Thus, the account remains, but member can no longer log in.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 1:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Accounts can't be deleted. They can be closed, as in you will not be able to post from that account again.
This ‘closure’ involves changing the password and not informing the member. Thus, the account remains, but member can no longer log in.

So, if you wish certain messages to be made kinder, do it now before asking for closure.

A user can reset his or her account passcode by making it too difficult to remember.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 1:43 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
So, if you wish certain messages to be made kinder, do it now before asking for closure. A user can reset his or her account passcode by making it too difficult to remember.
OR they can simply stop logging in.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

LostSoul12241991
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Sep 2018, 2:03 pm

Raleigh wrote:

No you’re good. Your comments weren’t bad at all. I liked them and I like you.

Okay I will request that my account be closed.

When it’s closed I’m assuming no one can see my posts again?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 2:19 pm

LostSoul12241991 wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

No you’re good. Your comments weren’t bad at all. I liked them and I like you.

Okay I will request that my account be closed.

When it’s closed I’m assuming no one can see my posts again?

All posts remain readable after closure. That is why I mentioned how it might be good to "edit" your more embarrassing posts. But, try not to be too critical of your writing. Leave something for people to enjoy. :D

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 2:20 pm

You should stay. Why do you want to leave?

LostSoul12241991
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Sep 2018, 3:31 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

So, if you wish certain messages to be made kinder, do it now before asking for closure.

A user can reset his or her account passcode by making it too difficult to remember.

Oh okay.

I posted nothing that I feel embarrassed about. I was just wondering if my posts would still be visible because there are some that I would want to remain visible.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 3:43 pm

LostSoul12241991 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

Oh okay.

I posted nothing that I feel embarrassed about. I was just wondering if my posts would still be visible because there are some that I would want to remain visible.

Good! But, that does make me wonder why you are leaving. Too busy? Wrong Planet can use someone like you online.