Difficulty expressing/explaining myself

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 3:21 pm

It is harder to explain "autism" and "trans" than "cisgender" and "neurotypicals"

Cisgender and neurotypicals people don't need to explain that they are cisgender and neurotypicals

For autistic and trans people, they have to explain. And sometimes someone is so homophobic that even the perfect answer won't suffice

:roll:

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 4:13 pm

its a typical problem for us. it is called vebrosity, btw, and im gonna do some here. answer is simple. allistics transfer a lot of information with body language. all them monkey dances, may i be forgiven for being rude. we cant do that. cant and cannot. so we use more words, and their capability for receiving verbal information gets overwhelmed, same as we get overwhelmed with their monkey dances.

and to be precise, there is a LOT of allistics, who can perceive us unmasked. well, okay, enough allistics who can. finding them is another question. but as long as u are among random allistics, dont try to explain everything. they wont get it, and they wont care, either. dont be afraid to be misunderstood, for who doesnt want to understand, will not. give them a short one.

another thing, yes, that there is such thing as casual contact. 5-word phrase is a long one for this. there were quite nice instructions on smalltalk somewhere in articles, thats it. minimize. then more. fold it. with time, u will notice when they really want something more. and if they dont, u dont bother. fold it).

easier for u to not commiting to an exchange unless its with somebody, who really cares. and some allistics do. and then, they also start writing the same way. dont forget also, that at least some of us, maybe u too, have multystreamed processing (what Bether calls having multiple tabs open, and many of us have names for it, too). so, allistics have that much, much rarer. and when u give them 3 streams, which isnt much for u, they are overwhelmed, because they only have one.

and let us please not call them simpletons for it. differences are there. we are weirdos for them. with our vebrosity, our stimming, our meltdowns. its not right to call them stupid. well, some of them are, but some are not. its just a complicated social game, aka monkey dance, to unfold GRADUALLY!, to be very very slow.

first, establish connection. if they respond on folded messages, then start gradually unfolding. if they dont ask for more, fold back a bit. some people, who do express consent, rethink it, that is true. some people, who u can unfold with at a times, might want a short one for just tonight, because they are tired and have chores to do.

it sounds tricky. it is tricky, for us. need a lot of practice. but it is possible to have pleasurable, or at least bearable, casual contact with allistics. and a friendship with more responsive allistics. just make it slow, and dont expect more of them than they can do. its not even about hiding, its about being considerate. what we are sayed to not be. we just are, in our own way, but to have good contact with allistics, gotta learn theirs to a degree) and then, come here and unfold among ur own spirit kin. or with allistic friends u got to that point.

evilsithwraith666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Oct 2018, 5:45 pm

My ideal communication is with gifs and emojis, they pretty effectively state my emotions without any real need to explain them, however it doesn’t always work for people who have a difficult time with non-verbal communication. Though outside of some small groups of eccentric smart people, there really is no point in communicating with most people sometimes it’s preferable to just remain silent.