Page 2 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 7:17 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Even though I graduated HS in 2008, I have no interest in going to any reunions. In fact, I just don't see the point as to why reunions are organized in the first place.

However since 2008, I have had many run-ins with old HS classmates and I just pretend I don't know them, or they are mistaking me for someone else, or just ignore them and keep going my way.

I remember coming across said persons as you have illustrated in your post, and no way was I delighted to encounter such persons at all.In fact, I was always seen as the hyper eccentric person without using colorful names here.

Irulan84
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2018, 7:19 am

Thank you for your kind words :)

KrakenAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Sep 2018, 7:56 am

To reminiscence of a time and place that I hated? I have better things to do! Hanging around people that want to relive their little social heaven by bragging on their achievements, flashing their superficial success and trophy spouses? Seriously? I'd rather read a book, or tinker around with tech. They have their world, I have mine... stay off my lawn!

questor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 8:08 am

Never went to any school reunions and never will. Hated school. The teaching methods were usually so boring, that it's a wonder I learned anything at all. Was also subjected to constant torment through every grade after nursery school. Spent my days being bored and tormented at school, and would go home to be bullied and criticised by my family. There was no good place except the local libraries, and also, when I would wander around different places outside. Basically, I hung out with myself, mostly all around the local region, making sure to keep away from the other kids. Once I was driving I could go to parks farther away, and also was working until my health gave out.

No, I have no desire to attend any reunions. Don't care whose still a jerk, and who outgrew being a jerk, just so long as I don't have to spend any time with any of them.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 8:12 am

I attended a grade school reunion to please my sister several years ago. I arrived late & left early. The rest of the time I stood around awkwardly. I’ve never received an invitation to my high school reunions. I harbor no ill will; I’m simply not interested in social.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 8:48 am

Irulan84 wrote:

Your sincerely welcome

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 10:54 am

d057 wrote:
Psycho pig? That's awful! I graduated in 2011 and I can't blame you for not wanting to ever attend class reunions.

TheSilentOne wrote:
There hasn't been a reunion for my year yet (2012) but I have no intentions of ever going to one. I couldn't stand high school and it is something I'd like to forget.

Also, my unfortunate high school nickname was "Psycho Pig". :roll:

I'm guessing it was because I was very overweight and ate a lot due to depression and the people knew nothing about Autism or psychological conditions and liked to make fun of my panic attacks and seizures.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 11:09 am

TheSilentOne wrote:
d057 wrote:
Psycho pig? That's awful! I graduated in 2011 and I can't blame you for not wanting to ever attend class reunions.

TheSilentOne wrote:
There hasn't been a reunion for my year yet (2012) but I have no intentions of ever going to one. I couldn't stand high school and it is something I'd like to forget.

Also, my unfortunate high school nickname was "Psycho Pig". :roll:

I'm guessing it was because I was very overweight and ate a lot due to depression and the people knew nothing about Autism or psychological conditions and liked to make fun of my panic attacks and seizures.

Did you have friends in high school? If so, have you stayed in touch with one or more of them? You might reach out to them and 1) have your own reunion, or 2) storm the official reunion with your friends, and show everyone how you became the amazing individual you are.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 12:47 pm

I don't really feel any connection to old schoolmates. We did our own thing. Wish them well but reunions aren't for me.

Purpledragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2018, 12:52 pm

No, I don't see the point. I don't feel any connection with them, probably wouldn't remember most of them.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 2:43 pm

Irulan84 wrote:

You are welcome.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 2:46 pm

kazanscube wrote:
Even though I graduated HS in 2008, I have no interest in going to any reunions. In fact, I just don't see the point as to why reunions are organized in the first place.

However since 2008, I have had many run-ins with old HS classmates and I just pretend I don't know them, or they are mistaking me for someone else, or just ignore them and keep going my way.

I remember coming across said persons as you have illustrated in your post, and no way was I delighted to encounter such persons at all.In fact, I was always seen as the hyper eccentric person without using colorful names here.

Most of my HS classmates were hipster-wannabes, punk-rocker types, and/or types who just looked down upon other students who were "different."

My sister (who attended the same HS as I did, graduated in 2005, but is not on the spectrum) also does not see the point of class reunions. She's actually glad most of her classmates have forgotten about her since 2005.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 3:45 pm

All I have to do is look at my senior year yearbook and read some of the comments people wrote in it, to know I have absolutely no desire to visit those memories.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 4:12 pm

I disposed of not only my HS yearbooks, but also my middle school yearbooks too.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 4:15 pm

I disposed of not only my HS yearbooks, but also my middle school yearbooks too.

Oooh, I did, too. I tossed my junior-high school and senior-high school yearbooks unceremoniously into a dumpster.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 4:23 pm

Depends on the school and depends on who will be at the reunion. I did have a small circle of friends around me. I wouldn’t mind a small reunion with that small group as for a larger reunion not really that interested. Also I have relocated since leaving school so it would be harder for me to get to a school reunion anyway.