Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 3:46 pm

We are always here to help you gain a sense of self-esteem.

Berg, you should never feel shame about your shortcomings just because you are on the spectrum. In fact, you should always remember you'll find happiness eventually. :)

I am also glad you post here on Wrong Planet. :)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 3:54 am

Happy to be here, particularly considering some old sports injuries (BMX/skiing) have been troubling me. Here we are at 10368000 pixels if you don't count the 11520000 between the main laptops on the laptop but the 1080p multitouch half of that is off. I just ordered a new work keyboard that's an exact copy of my coworker's so my hands hopefully won't fall off.

Ok here goes my math for total pixel count minus phone: 16,650,240 8O Good night folks.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 2:09 pm

I need to get in my car & not hide in my room all day.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 1:32 am

cberg wrote:
On top of that my past is an absolute mess & I'm a coder. One of those coders. Neckbeard level 1337. Geekier than nearly everyone you've ever met put together. At least I'm decently fit but broad autism phenotype sure doesn't help with that.

Sometimes I wish I was geekier.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 1:36 am

cberg wrote:
Ok here goes my math for total pixel count minus phone: 16,650,240 8O Good night folks.

What? How? That's about as much as eight 1920x1080 displays!

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 2:49 am

You aren't the only one cberg. I try to be a positive influence, but sometimes I wonder if I should just keep my mouth shut. Sometimes I get very angry at myself for posting anything at all. I torment myself and scrutinize my very existence. This is typically when I vanish.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 10:18 am

Unless someone molests kids, steals from people for fun, goes around raping people, murders people, takes peoples' identities away from them, or commits any sort of felony against another, I don't see how anyone should "scrutinize" their justification for their existence.

The whole idea is really one which should not be entertained by any person who doesn't harm other people.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 10:53 am

I'm trying to stop the self-awareness feedback loop though I'm under lots of real scrutiny. Were I not waiting on a loading screen I couldn't type this right now. I'm on an industrial CAD/3D software engineering team

RetroGamer87 wrote:
cberg wrote:

3x 1080, 1x 720p, 2x 3200x1800, 1x 4k if I ignore cheap stuff & phones. Phones totalled 8,038,528.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 12:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Unless someone molests kids, steals from people for fun, goes around raping people, murders people, takes peoples' identities away from them, or commits any sort of felony against another, I don't see how anyone should "scrutinize" their justification for their existence.

The whole idea is really one which should not be entertained by any person who doesn't harm other people.

I don't expect anyone untrained to diagnose mental health issues to begin to imagine what it's like to be me. However, what you said was still very hurtful.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 3:48 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
cberg wrote:
On top of that my past is an absolute mess & I'm a coder. One of those coders. Neckbeard level 1337. Geekier than nearly everyone you've ever met put together. At least I'm decently fit but broad autism phenotype sure doesn't help with that.

Sometimes I wish I was geekier.

That's every day for me. It's never enough, on the other site where I posted the same OP someone mentioned I should be wealthy because I know this kind of stuff.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 8:58 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I don't expect anyone untrained to diagnose mental health issues to begin to imagine what it's like to be me. However, what you said was still very hurtful.

Well it's worth a try to be less self-critical anyway. Second-guessing is going to happen regardless so maybe it's a matter of not taking ones' sanity checks too seriously.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 1:00 am

cberg wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
cberg wrote:

3x 1080, 1x 720p, 2x 3200x1800, 1x 4k if I ignore cheap stuff & phones. Phones totalled 8,038,528.

You have all that and the girls still don't like you? Their loss!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 11:48 pm

I wouldn't really say I'm disliked nearly as much as I just confuse people. As I said in OP I'm really just trying to show girls I already know that my lifestyle can be shared without the details flying over everyone's heads.

In other words I'm either not 'user friendly' or less than intuitive. I'm searching for ways to show people (females mostly) that A: Technology is not exclusive!! ! & B: I'll answer basically any question on it.

I spend practically all my time building stuff to make our lives easier and almost zero time cluing anybody in, especially since big tech companies have sold people on the idea that they can't do the same things as those of us in the know. I'm tired of all the pessimism surrounding tech knowledge. Either I'm just a hacker boogeyman or I'm supposed to be a perfect wealthy business owner. There is zero middle ground.

Last bumped by cberg on 19 Sep 2018, 11:48 pm.