Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 8:08 am

green0star wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
OMG! 8O

If a lady who looks and dresses like that tells me that "snuck is not a real word" then... its not a real word!! ! !

I would ….just go along with it. :lol:

What does how she dress have to do with her intelligence lvl??? <,<

I was joking about wanting to get into her pants, and thus agreeing with whatever she says to achieve that.

And/or about how the blood would tend to leave my brain and go ...elsewhere... so I would loose the urge to to have a pedantic discussion about word meanings. :lol:

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 11:14 am

My ex often had her words mixed, using "flynut" instead of "wingnut" and "simplistic" for "simple," but I eventually learned that using "gooseneck" for "crowbar" was due to the idiom where she grew up. I had a couple of clashes in the hardware store over other regional conventions.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 11:26 am

Dear_one wrote:
My ex often had her words mixed, using "flynut" instead of "wingnut" and "simplistic" for "simple," but I eventually learned that using "gooseneck" for "crowbar" was due to the idiom where she grew up. I had a couple of clashes in the hardware store over other regional conventions.

Never heard that expression before, but "gooseneck" is a good word for the tool. Looks more like that than like anything to do with crows.

But I also get peeved at things like "simplistic" when the person just means "simple".

Cant stand it when folks say "that Spanish person" when they mean "that Hispanic person", or "that Latino person". "Spanish" means "from the European country of Spain". Folks from Mexico, or any other part of the vast swath of countries in Central and South America where Spanish is the native tongue are not "Spanish" anymore than the you and I are "Englishmen" just because we live in the English speaking USA.

Also it galls me how many educated Americans assume that Brazilians speak Spanish. Brazil was colonized by Portugal, and their native tongue is Portugese.