Mango Mussolini: I don't have an Attorney General

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 8:55 am

Hill.TV INTERVIEW EXCLUSIVE: Trump eviscerates Sessions: ‘I don’t have an attorney general’

Quote:
President Trump in an Oval Office interview with Hill.TV launched one of his most ferocious broadsides to date against Jeff Sessions, suggesting the attorney general was essentially AWOL and performing badly on a variety of issues.

“I don’t have an Attorney General. It’s very sad,” Trump told Hill.TV in an extensive and free-wheeling interview Tuesday from the Oval Office.

The president has long excoriated Sessions for his March2017 decision to recuse himself from the Russia collusion investigation. But on Tuesday he suggested he is frustrated by Sessions' performance on far more than that.

“I’m not happy at the border, I’m not happy with numerous things, not just this,” he said.

Trump suggested he had a personal blind spot when it came to nominating Sessions as the nation’s top law enforcement officer...

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who speaks frequently with Trump, in August said the president deserved to have an attorney general he had faith in.

“The President's entitled to having an attorney general he has faith in, somebody that is qualified for the job and I think there will come a time sooner rather than later where it will be time to have a new face and a fresh voice at the Department of Justice. Clearly, Attorney General Sessions doesn't have the confidence of the President,” Graham said.

[Trump] concluded: "We’ll see how it goes with Jeff. I’m very disappointed in Jeff. Very disappointed."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 8:57 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
Hill.TV INTERVIEW EXCLUSIVE: Trump eviscerates Sessions: ‘I don’t have an attorney general’...
Translation: "I don't have a mindless puppet to do my bidding."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 3:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
Hill.TV INTERVIEW EXCLUSIVE: Trump eviscerates Sessions: ‘I don’t have an attorney general’...
Translation: "I don't have a mindless puppet to do my bidding."

Who'd have thought Jeff Sessions would be the guy fighting to do the right thing!