Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2018, 3:30 am

With just a dash of olive oil, some garlic, lots of black pepper and a few shavings of cheese. Maybe a few undressed crunchy salad leaves on the side and a glass of red wine.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 3:48 am

gluten and gliadin-free.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 6:59 am

With loads of fresh pesto. :) I love the ones with lots of garlic and chopped nuts.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 7:59 am

Capellini or vermicelli (vermismelly or vermismell) and my own scratch basil pesto from my own basil plants, good cheese, good olive oil, pine nuts and an obscene amount of garlic (do I offend?). Serving "pesto" made from dried basil should be a punishable crime....

I like tomato based sauces on pasta too (not an Alfredo fan) if they're good. I prefer dried pasta all dente vs fresh pasta for the most part.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 11:48 am

Noca wrote:
Spaghettini with costco tomato sauce with added Ontario maple syrup, lime juice and ground pork.

Oh yeah forgot about the extra virgin olive oil I add to the spaghettini and the ground Parmesan cheese I add on top. This combo is absolutely delicious. Might make some tonight. My parents and I love it. I don't cook with the maple syrup, but add it into the sauce right before I serve it as cooking with maple syrup causes the sugars to break down then you wont taste anything.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 12:15 pm

Noca wrote:
Noca wrote:
Spaghettini with costco tomato sauce with added Ontario maple syrup, lime juice and ground pork.

Oh yeah forgot about the extra virgin olive oil I add to the spaghettini and the ground Parmesan cheese I add on top. This combo is absolutely delicious. Might make some tonight. My parents and I love it. I don't cook with the maple syrup, but add it into the sauce right before I serve it as cooking with maple syrup causes the sugars to break down then you wont taste anything.

Did you get the maple syrup idea from the movie Elf?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 1:01 pm

Magna wrote:
Noca wrote:
Noca wrote:

Did you get the maple syrup idea from the movie Elf?
No I just like using Maple syrup in my recipes.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 6:19 pm

a bit undercooked

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 6:25 pm

y-pod wrote:
With loads of fresh pesto. :) I love the ones with lots of garlic and chopped nuts.

I'm addicted to pesto. Every year I grow multiple basil plants to produce as much as possible. Pesto sauce on pasta is better than sex!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 7:16 am

VegetableMan wrote:
y-pod wrote:

I'm addicted to pesto. Every year I grow multiple basil plants to produce as much as possible. Pesto sauce on pasta is better than sex!

Do you mash all it lovingly with a pestle and mortar or stick it in your blender?
Sometimes I mash up garlic and salt then slowly add olive oil until it homogenises. I either stir in the pasta or tip it in the pasta water with greens.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 9:56 am

VegetableMan wrote:
y-pod wrote:

I take the basil leaves from the plants I grow and process them with olive oil, pack the mixture into canning jars and freeze it. When I'm ready for pesto in the winter, I thaw a jar out and then mix the garlic, cheese, nuts and it's nearly as good as fresh. I don't freeze pesto since frozen garlic loses its flavor over time.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 10:05 am

Pasta is one of my favorite foods! :D I like it tender but still firm.

Spaghetti and meatballs is one of my favorite meals, but my mother, who went to Venice a few years ago, told me that having meatballs in your sauce is a North American tradition and if you asked for them in Italy they'd laugh at you.

I also love noodles. I read that in Japan it isn't rude to loudly slurp your noodles because it shows that you really like them. I don't think I could handle going to a noodle bar in Japan with everyone slurping around me.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 10:43 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Pasta is one of my favorite foods! :D I like it tender but still firm.

Spaghetti and meatballs is one of my favorite meals, but my mother, who went to Venice a few years ago, told me that having meatballs in your sauce is a North American tradition and if you asked for them in Italy they'd laugh at you.

I also love noodles. I read that in Japan it isn't rude to loudly slurp your noodles because it shows that you really like them. I don't think I could handle going to a noodle bar in Japan with everyone slurping around me.

Chow Mein is delicious.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 11:38 am

al dente! cuz i am pre-diabetic and less starch doesn't raise my blood sugar. If its cooked to a squish, my blood sugar goes up too much - much starch being converted to sugar.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 11:41 am

VegetableMan wrote:
y-pod wrote:

It may be more than the taste. It might have the right nutritious combination to make you actually happier.
Sticky ice cream does this for me. It's Turkish ice cream called dondurma. Diet Pepsi is also like an antidepressent for me. It has no nutritional value whatsoever but it just does this great thing for me.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 11:55 am

domineekee wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
y-pod wrote:

Do you mash all it lovingly with a pestle and mortar or stick it in your blender?
Sometimes I mash up garlic and salt then slowly add olive oil until it homogenises. I either stir in the pasta or tip it in the pasta water with greens.

It depends on how many leaves I have. If I only have a cup of leaves, I use the mortar and pestle. Smaller batches don't turn out too well in my mini food processor.

Oscar Meyer Lansky