Any love advice I can give my friend?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 10:30 am

One of my friends who is 18 is good looking (he looks like Jude Law) has brown hair and blue eyes as well but the only issue is a lot of girls just are not interested in him. He feels that because he is only 5ft10 he feels that his height puts him at a disadvantage when competing against taller guys who are 6ft and over. Currently he is chasing after this girl but she doesn’t like him and she is more interested in the 6ft3 doctor who has just moved into town.

Any advice I can give my friend?

On a side note a lot of people view 5ft10 as short because guys who are 5ft8 claim it. But my friend truely is a genuine 5ft10.

Ohnos
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2018, 10:48 am

Being kind and seen as desirable by others is attractive to humans, far more than hight. I see you noted the other man's profession, what does your friend do? Is the girl interested because of the job? Could it be that your friend is attracted to a particular type or feature in a woman?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 10:51 am

There is likely no advice that you could give him that he would take seriously. Just be there when the inevitable “Friend Zoning” occurs.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 10:57 am

Ohnos wrote:
Being kind and seen as desirable by others is attractive to humans, far more than hight. I see you noted the other man's profession, what does your friend do? Is the girl interested because of the job? Could it be that your friend is attracted to a particular type or feature in a woman?

My friend works in the market place selling things etc......

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 11:04 am

Jamesy wrote:
One of my friends who is 18 is good looking (he looks like Jude Law) has brown hair and blue eyes as well but the only issue is a lot of girls just are not interested in him. He feels that because he is only 5ft10 he feels that his height puts him at a disadvantage when competing against taller guys who are 6ft and over. Currently he is chasing after this girl but she doesn’t like him and she is more interested in the 6ft3 doctor who has just moved into town.

On a side note a lot of people view 5ft10 as short because guys who are 5ft8 claim it. But my friend truely is a genuine 5ft10.

Your friend is slightly above average in height and not going to get a date until he is honest with himself, acknowledges the overwhelming evidence that his height is not the reason he is single and the fact that he wastes his time pursuing women who are not interested in him for whatever reason is at least part of the reason he is.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 2:01 pm

Chronos wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Your friend is slightly above average in height and not going to get a date until he is honest with himself, acknowledges the overwhelming evidence that his height is not the reason he is single and the fact that he wastes his time pursuing women who are not interested in him for whatever reason is at least part of the reason he is.

He’s good looking though so the women he pursues should be interested.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 2:05 pm

Physical appearance isn't everything.
If the woman's not interested, she's not interested.
And I doubt it's because of his height.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 2:20 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Physical appearance isn't everything.
If the woman's not interested, she's not interested.
And I doubt it's because of his height.

I dunno i mean if he competes against handsome men who are over 6ft he might lose out.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 2:46 pm

Your friend was not desirable to the woman he was pursuing.
That's it.
Putting it down to lack of inches is your friend's attempt to rationalise the rejection.

"She didn't like me because I'm too short."
There, it's sorted, whether it's true or not.

Then that will become, "No women like me because I'm too short."
Which can't be true, because why then aren't all short men single?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Sep 2018, 3:14 pm

I think the best way to help him is to try & help him get dates or meet women who are more willing to give him a chance. It may also help to try & find out why those women are not interested, besides his height. Do they think he has a low status job, do they think he's socially awkward ect. 1ce you have an idea of why women are not interested, it may help to try & work with that. Help him meet short girls if it really is his height. Help him meet awkward girls if he is & maybe try to help him be less awkward, help him meet geeky girls if his interest are too geeky, help him meet low status women if they think his job is too bad ect.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 4:00 pm

Very few women fine men 5 foot 10 to be “short.”

I am just under 5 foot 5, and I’ve been successful competing against much taller guys.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 4:04 pm

nick007 wrote:
I think the best way to help him is to try & help him get dates or meet women who are more willing to give him a chance. It may also help to try & find out why those women are not interested, besides his height. Do they think he has a low status job, do they think he's socially awkward ect. 1ce you have an idea of why women are not interested, it may help to try & work with that. Help him meet short girls if it really is his height. Help him meet awkward girls if he is & maybe try to help him be less awkward, help him meet geeky girls if his interest are too geeky, help him meet low status women if they think his job is too bad ect.

He tried too pursue a barmaid recently but she was more interested in the 6ft3 doctor.

Another friend of mine is 5ft8 and a Buissnessman who is in a long term relationship with a girl.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 7:30 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

He’s good looking though so the women he pursues should be interested.

The reasons people are and are not attracted to someone are varied and numerous. Your friend is pursuing a woman who is not interested in him. That is a waste of time. Maybe this particular woman does like taller men...maybe she likes doctors, maybe she likes tall doctors. Maybe she likes him for an entirely different reason.

In any case, I don't think 5'10 men are hurting on the dating scene due to their height.