What US Territory Could Become The 51st State?

Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


What US Territory Could Become The 51st State?
Puerto Rico 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Guam 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
US Virgin Islands 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
American Samoa 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Northern Mariana Islands 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,612
Location: Portland, Oregon

03 Oct 2018, 5:34 pm

The most obvious candidate for statehood is IMO, Puerto Rico because you have to give the people of Puerto Rico credit for not giving up the fate of the land they are citizens of even though over time, many barriers have gotten in the way of the possibility of statehood.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

03 Oct 2018, 5:47 pm

Do we really need another state? :roll:



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,126
Location: temperate zone

03 Oct 2018, 6:46 pm

Puerto Rico is only one that I can imagine becoming a state. The rest are just too tiny to function as states IMHO.
Whether PR should become a state is up to the Puerto Ricans.

A jurisdiction that I can imagine becoming a state that you overlooked is the District of Columbia.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,041
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

03 Oct 2018, 11:43 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Do we really need another state? :roll:


The question should be, should all American citizens be given the same rights guaranteed with statehood?
The answer is yes.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,041
Location: NY

03 Oct 2018, 11:49 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Do we really need another state? :roll:


Yes.

Puerto Rico has been trying for years despite the ruins we laid upon them through colonization.



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

04 Oct 2018, 9:11 am

Well I guess I'd be OK with it as long as they did it like Hawaii and allowed the local people to have control of their own territory.

Instead of driving them all out so that a bunch of white colonists can move in and take on over like we used to do in the olden days.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

04 Oct 2018, 12:11 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Well I guess I'd be OK with it as long as they did it like Hawaii and allowed the local people to have control of their own territory.

Instead of driving them all out so that a bunch of white colonists can move in and take on over like we used to do in the olden days.


Once it’s a state anyone can buy land and move there just like they can in Hawaii



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

04 Oct 2018, 12:22 pm

sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Well I guess I'd be OK with it as long as they did it like Hawaii and allowed the local people to have control of their own territory.

Instead of driving them all out so that a bunch of white colonists can move in and take on over like we used to do in the olden days.


Once it’s a state anyone can buy land and move there just like they can in Hawaii


And I'm good with that as long as we don't forcibly kick the people who were already there out like we have done to the natives in every other state in this country.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

04 Oct 2018, 12:32 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Well I guess I'd be OK with it as long as they did it like Hawaii and allowed the local people to have control of their own territory.

Instead of driving them all out so that a bunch of white colonists can move in and take on over like we used to do in the olden days.


Once it’s a state anyone can buy land and move there just like they can in Hawaii


And I'm good with that as long as we don't forcibly kick the people who were already there out like we have done to the natives in every other state in this country.


Rich people can go there and buy the land then forcely evict them.
The us hasn’t used military force on natives since 1800s we took Hawaii with military force but didn’t force the natives out. Hawaii was taken over by the rich by the way for bananas I believe



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

04 Oct 2018, 12:39 pm

sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Well I guess I'd be OK with it as long as they did it like Hawaii and allowed the local people to have control of their own territory.

Instead of driving them all out so that a bunch of white colonists can move in and take on over like we used to do in the olden days.


Once it’s a state anyone can buy land and move there just like they can in Hawaii


And I'm good with that as long as we don't forcibly kick the people who were already there out like we have done to the natives in every other state in this country.


Rich people can go there and buy the land then forcely evict them.
The us hasn’t used military force on natives since 1800s we took Hawaii with military force but didn’t force the natives out. Hawaii was taken over by the rich by the way for bananas I believe


You're very funny. You claim that you right wings aren't racist and then you turn around and basically mock indigenous people for being poor and then say that it's ok for rich bastards to buy their lands and force them out of their homes.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

04 Oct 2018, 12:48 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Well I guess I'd be OK with it as long as they did it like Hawaii and allowed the local people to have control of their own territory.

Instead of driving them all out so that a bunch of white colonists can move in and take on over like we used to do in the olden days.


Once it’s a state anyone can buy land and move there just like they can in Hawaii


And I'm good with that as long as we don't forcibly kick the people who were already there out like we have done to the natives in every other state in this country.


Rich people can go there and buy the land then forcely evict them.
The us hasn’t used military force on natives since 1800s we took Hawaii with military force but didn’t force the natives out. Hawaii was taken over by the rich by the way for bananas I believe


You're very funny. You claim that you right wings aren't racist and then you turn around and basically mock indigenous people for being poor and then say that it's ok for rich bastards to buy their lands and force them out of their homes.

Wtf dud when did I mock anyone ?
Rich people aren’t one race they are many and they buy land and evict poor people of many races. Rich people are mostly left too so it’s the Democrats doing it for the most part.
I’m also sure rich natives will evict poor natives. I’m talking about rich/ poor and you make it about race like serious wtf

Mean if anyone is racist it’s you as you assume all the natives are poor.

I didn’t say it was ok I said it happens.
Rich don’t care about us poor people.
My rich landlords will eventually evict us
My past rich landlord evicted us to sale the house to make money. Such is life whether I like it or not. Poor people don’t own land, or we’d be rich.



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

04 Oct 2018, 1:01 pm

sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Well I guess I'd be OK with it as long as they did it like Hawaii and allowed the local people to have control of their own territory.

Instead of driving them all out so that a bunch of white colonists can move in and take on over like we used to do in the olden days.


Once it’s a state anyone can buy land and move there just like they can in Hawaii


And I'm good with that as long as we don't forcibly kick the people who were already there out like we have done to the natives in every other state in this country.


Rich people can go there and buy the land then forcely evict them.
The us hasn’t used military force on natives since 1800s we took Hawaii with military force but didn’t force the natives out. Hawaii was taken over by the rich by the way for bananas I believe


You're very funny. You claim that you right wings aren't racist and then you turn around and basically mock indigenous people for being poor and then say that it's ok for rich bastards to buy their lands and force them out of their homes.

Wtf dud when did I mock anyone ?
Rich people aren’t one race they are many and they buy land and evict poor people of many races. Rich people are mostly left too so it’s the Democrats doing it for the most part.
I’m also sure rich natives will evict poor natives. I’m talking about rich/ poor and you make it about race like serious wtf

Mean if anyone is racist it’s you as you assume all the natives are poor.

I didn’t say it was ok I said it happens.
Rich don’t care about us poor people.
My rich landlords will eventually evict us
My past rich landlord evicted us to sale the house to make money. Such is life whether I like it or not. Poor people don’t own land, or we’d be rich.

I know exactly what you meant. You are full of C-R-A-P!

And I'm finished arguing with a troll like you. Go back under your bridge or something.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

04 Oct 2018, 1:24 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Well I guess I'd be OK with it as long as they did it like Hawaii and allowed the local people to have control of their own territory.

Instead of driving them all out so that a bunch of white colonists can move in and take on over like we used to do in the olden days.


Once it’s a state anyone can buy land and move there just like they can in Hawaii


And I'm good with that as long as we don't forcibly kick the people who were already there out like we have done to the natives in every other state in this country.


Rich people can go there and buy the land then forcely evict them.
The us hasn’t used military force on natives since 1800s we took Hawaii with military force but didn’t force the natives out. Hawaii was taken over by the rich by the way for bananas I believe


You're very funny. You claim that you right wings aren't racist and then you turn around and basically mock indigenous people for being poor and then say that it's ok for rich bastards to buy their lands and force them out of their homes.

Wtf dud when did I mock anyone ?
Rich people aren’t one race they are many and they buy land and evict poor people of many races. Rich people are mostly left too so it’s the Democrats doing it for the most part.
I’m also sure rich natives will evict poor natives. I’m talking about rich/ poor and you make it about race like serious wtf

Mean if anyone is racist it’s you as you assume all the natives are poor.

I didn’t say it was ok I said it happens.
Rich don’t care about us poor people.
My rich landlords will eventually evict us
My past rich landlord evicted us to sale the house to make money. Such is life whether I like it or not. Poor people don’t own land, or we’d be rich.

I know exactly what you meant. You are full of C-R-A-P!

And I'm finished arguing with a troll like you. Go back under your bridge or something.

If anyone’s a troll it’s you at very least you’re a mean person



Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 29,119
Location: מתחת לעננים

04 Oct 2018, 2:36 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I know exactly what you meant.


doubtful.

i don't think sly was sanctioning the forceful removal of indigenous peoples from their home by the rich, only stating that it is possible and it has been done before. i'm sure he's not a troll so let's not let this thread devolve into arguing about it.



if puerto rico becomes a state, the flag would need to be completely redesigned.


_________________
הייתי צוללת עכשיו למים
הכי, הכי עמוקים
לא לשמוע כלום
לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.


TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

04 Oct 2018, 2:44 pm

Ok so I overreacted.

And I am not a mean person. I may be unstable but I can be a very nice person and would give you my left kidney if you really needed it. :)



Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Dec 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,318
Location: Micronesia

04 Oct 2018, 3:14 pm

Micronesia. I couldn't find it in the vote though.