How or will the Kavanaugh confirmation affect the mid terms?

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 2:12 am

Tollorin wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Arganger wrote:
It matters less than what it will do to us, as autistic people and as disabled people.

Him on the court will make it far easier to strip our rights, as he doesn't think we have any.

It’s the democrats who think we don’t have rights and are dangerous.

That's not true; you may not be happy, to the point of blindness, with Democrats pushing for gun controls, but Republicans dream of a theocracy; a Christian sharia built on the name of "religious freedom".

So aspies don’t deserve freedom of speech, right to bear arms and the right to due process ?

Sorry f**k democrats. They don’t give one s**t abiut aspies.
I’m Christian not atheist, lots of republicans aren’t Christian.
It’s muslims who what sharia law and the democrats support them in the idea of not being racist, even though Islam isn’t a race, muslims aren’t a race.
Democrat party dreams of a totalitarian atheist society.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 9:56 am

sly279 wrote:
So aspies don’t deserve freedom of speech, right to bear arms and the right to due process ?

What are you talking about? I never heard about Democrats wanting to go against rights of free speech and due process for aspies. Kavanaugh may be someone to watch for, however: and it will be more difficult for poor to vote with Republican going against voting accessibility, and a lot of aspies are poor.

sly279 wrote:
It’s muslims who what sharia law and the democrats support them in the idea of not being racist, even though Islam isn’t a race, muslims aren’t a race.

Liberals and Democrats are defending the rights of individuals to not be judged and condemned simply on their religion; you do know there is moderate Muslims, right?
Also, there is historic precedents for totalitarian Christians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Christian_thought_on_persecution_and_tolerance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2018, 10:04 am

Magna wrote:
There should be no society or planet anywhere that would actually allow a person to accuse someone of something with no corroborating evidence and moreover have all of the accuser's alleged witnesses refute the accuser. Do you all realize how poisonous such a thing would be to an organized free society?? Just think about that for a minute. That was really bad. The facts and reality of the hearing I think freaked a lot of people the hell out.

Stop lying. They didn't "refute" her. They simply couldn't corroborate. They didn't see it happen.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 10:53 am

NoClearMind53 wrote:
Magna wrote:
There should be no society or planet anywhere that would actually allow a person to accuse someone of something with no corroborating evidence and moreover have all of the accuser's alleged witnesses refute the accuser. Do you all realize how poisonous such a thing would be to an organized free society?? Just think about that for a minute. That was really bad. The facts and reality of the hearing I think freaked a lot of people the hell out.

Stop lying. They didn't "refute" her. They simply couldn't corroborate. They didn't see it happen.

You jumped to a conclusion. I was not lying. You can replace refute with corroborate in my statement. Lying would be a willful intent to deceive. I inadvertently chose the wrong word.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 10:58 am

I think that Leftists will be too discouraged by the new SCOTUS member that they won’t vote in the mid-terms, thus handing every election over to the Reich Right.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2018, 10:59 am

Magna wrote:
You jumped to a conclusion. I was not lying. You can replace refute with corroborate in my statement. Lying would be a willful intent to deceive. I inadvertently chose the wrong word.

Right wing partisans all over the internet are pretending "not corroborate" is the same as "refute". Playing stupid is not an excuse for being blatantly dishonest in such a calculated partisan way. It's way too convenient for you to play that game. I'm not having it.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 11:28 am

Tollorin wrote:

What are you talking about? I never heard about Democrats wanting to go against rights of free speech and due process for aspies. Kavanaugh may be someone to watch for, however: and it will be more difficult for poor to vote with Republican going against voting accessibility, and a lot of aspies are poor.
[/quote]

Due process; The Baker Act (allows forced hospitalization of anyone deemed "A danger", inculding autistic children who had a meltdown at school, highly supported by democrats)

Right to bear arms; Many gun control legislators want to restrict access to autistic people, and if not target many common comorbidities.

Not sure about free speech honestly.

As someone who thinks BOTH parities are completely worthless.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 11:58 am

The Democratic Party will attempt to "out vote" the Republican Party in the midterms, but it will show evidence that it has forgotten the 30 percent of Democratic voters that it lost during the Obama administration "de-registration" years. Now, if the Democratic Party accepts and supports its own moderates (like those of the Republican party that they encouraged to dissuade the Trump administration), it might have a strong change of overturning majorities in the U.S. Senate or U.S. House of Representatives in November, though it might need to wait until the presidential election in 2020. :wink:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Randomosity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2018, 12:02 pm

I remember seeing a NPR poll that only the GOP's base got energized by this, so I don't know if there is going to be a huge blue wave.

I can say personally that the reaction of leading Democrat challenger in my district has pushed me towards the GOP incumbent, since the Dem started calling Kavanaugh a rapist, like its established fact. I don't think Dr. Ford is lying, but the whole thing is essentially, 'He said, she said'.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 12:02 pm

Progressives can be anti autistic also. The Judge Rotenberg Center where they still electrically shock autistics and other as a form of compliance training is located in Massachusets. Most prisoners there are from New York City because NY pays the prison for them to be there. Just 2 days ago as I mentioned in a different thread, Darius McCollum, the aspie "Transit Bandit" was sentenced to an indefinite stay in a psych ward for really dangerous people by a judge in Brooklyn, NY because that is how New York laws handle these type of situations. New York City and Massachusetts outside of California are true blue.

The conservative idea of there are winners and losers based on personal faults and flaws is out there for all to see. The progressives with their language of diversity can and do couch their anti autistic actions in positive language making it more difficult to see.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 12:18 pm

Tollorin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

sly279 wrote:

Liberals and Democrats are defending the rights of individuals to not be judged and condemned simply on their religion; you do know there is moderate Muslims, right?
Also, there is historic precedents for totalitarian Christians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Christian_thought_on_persecution_and_tolerance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade

No they just want to get rid of due process and freedom of speech for anyone they disagree with which yes includes aspies as aspies aren’t all liberals.

Voting is so easy. Here we just mail the ballot in or drop it at a box, however the democrats who run it forget to mail republican ballots out and preregistration people as democrats who hadn’t registered to vote.

Banning travel from some countries just like Obama did isn’t racist. Many democrats were for Muslim bans until trump got elected. They don’t give a shut about Muslims just going against trump.
And they are for removing the rights of Americans they disagree with and what millions of Americans judged and condemned for their beliefs, religion, and wether they own guns or not. Sorry democrats aren’t the good moral just side you think, I’m registered democrats, I hate what the party has become. And they very corrupt in my state.

I don’t give a s**t abiut the past. It’s now that I care about and right now it’s democrats and the left trying to remove all our rights and have a totalitarian regime where they decide everything for everyone and anyone who disagrees is labeled a criminal and shut down immediately

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 12:21 pm

Arganger wrote:
Tollorin wrote:

Due process; The Baker Act (allows forced hospitalization of anyone deemed "A danger", inculding autistic children who had a meltdown at school, highly supported by democrats)

Right to bear arms; Many gun control legislators want to restrict access to autistic people, and if not target many common comorbidities.

Not sure about free speech honestly.

As someone who thinks BOTH parities are completely worthless.[/quote]

Both parties are horrible. All I can hope for is they fight together enough to nit get anything done.

Democrats created “free speech zones” cause speech restricted to a small government defined zone isn’t free.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2018, 12:25 pm

Randomosity wrote:
I remember seeing a NPR poll that only the GOP's base got energized by this, so I don't know if there is going to be a huge blue wave.

I can say personally that the reaction of leading Democrat challenger in my district has pushed me towards the GOP incumbent, since the Dem started calling Kavanaugh a rapist, like its established fact. I don't think Dr. Ford is lying, but the whole thing is essentially, 'He said, she said'.

Why would you base your vote on this stuff rather than issues that actually affect you? The reason I won't vote for any Republican is they have a track record of obstructing almost everything that could be done to make this country better in order to save a handful of rich people some money.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 12:35 pm

NoClearMind53 wrote:
Magna wrote:

Right wing partisans all over the internet are pretending "not corroborate" is the same as "refute". Playing stupid is not an excuse for being blatantly dishonest in such a calculated partisan way. It's way too convenient for you to play that game. I'm not having it.

I'm telling the truth. You think I'm lying. Life goes on for both of us.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2018, 12:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
I think that Leftists will be too discouraged by the new SCOTUS member that they won’t vote in the mid-terms, thus handing every election over to the Reich Right.

I don't think they're are discouraged. They are angry and scared. Many were turned off by Clinton. She came off as arrogant and entitled, not to mention untrustworthy. I think people are sick of arrogant self-interested people seeking power.

Randomosity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2018, 12:54 pm

(Deleted)

Last edited by Randomosity on 07 Oct 2018, 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.