Exclusive interview with Jerry Newport!! !!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Jun 2005, 1:05 pm

I'm proud to announce an exclusive interview with author and movie consultant Jerry Newport. In this article, Jerry talks about life, Asperger's Syndrome, and the upcoming Motion Picture, Mozart and the Whale.

In Mozart and the Whale, Josh Hartnett plays the character based on Mr. Newport and Radha Mitchell plays the character based on Mr. Newport's romantic interest. Jerry worked as a consultant for the production, which was directed by Petter Naess and written by Ron Bass. The movie will be coming out in the Fall of 2005 and the IMDB describes it as "A love story between two savants with Asperger's syndrome, a kind of autism, whose disabilites sabotage their budding relationship."

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 1:21 pm

It is interesting, the look he has in his class picture resembles the one in mine.

http://webpages.charter.net/louisjbouch ... uchard.jpg

I am front row, extreme left (Cowboy outfit and boots).

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

Morlock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2005, 2:06 pm

I say, Mr. Planck, you done a great jorb.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 3:27 pm

Very nice...

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Jun 2005, 4:25 pm

Morlock wrote:
I say, Mr. Planck, you done a great jorb.

Thanks. You should give some credit to Mr. Newport as well, however. He was very kind to me throughout the interview process and I really appreciate how he took the time to give me very long and detailed responses even when he could have merely written a sentence or two in response to each of my questions.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 4:33 pm

alex wrote:
I'm proud to announce an exclusive interview with author and movie consultant Jerry Newport. In this article, Jerry talks about life, Asperger's Syndrome, and the upcoming Motion Picture, Mozart and the Whale.

AWESOME!! !! ! I can't WAIT to see this movie!! !! !! !!

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2005, 4:58 pm

Godzilla is gone but I wanted to include him. He would be eleven now but he passed away last December. The rest of the animals are still around. I am looking for one of Pauli, a lovebird who I had for six years. Frank Klein, who runs a couple of lists, took a great photo of him taking off one day so I am looking for that one.

Jerry

Morlock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2005, 5:23 pm

and thank you, Mr. Newport, also.

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2005, 5:51 pm

Morlock wrote:
and thank you, Mr. Newport, also.

You all are welcome. I didn't mean to make such a big deal over the wiki site but this whole project has consumed a decade of my life. I managed to edit the wikipedia definition with enough stuff to meet all of my concerns, thanks to suggestions from this group.

Jerry

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 5:59 pm

Wow! Great interview! Thanks Alex and Jerry. I can't wait to see the movie!